Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Not Chicken and Healthy Bowls

A while back, I was shopping at Sprouts when I noticed about half the products in the vegan meat section were on closeout sale. While this concerns me (does this mean they’re not selling well?), I was also happy to stock up on some things I probably wouldn’t buy otherwise.

One of those products was a fiesta-flavored vegan chicken shred, and I wish I could remember the brand name. But I can’t. It was in a yellow and red box, and it was a brand I’d never heard of. Anyway, it made for a perfect taco filling! The bad part about buying products on closeout is that I can probably never buy them again.


Another product I found on closeout were these Hungry Plant vegan chicken patties, which made for an excellent chicken sandwich. I always top my chicken sandwiches with vegan mayo and pickles. It’s the only way!


When I’m not eating fake meat, I’m turning to healthier options, like bowls. This was a very tasty and filling Bean & Rice Bowl with pintos, kale, brown rice, and avocado. Yum!


And this Miso Glory Bowl of Goodness was a recipe from a Complement e-cookbook that I downloaded. The miso-based dressing had a little Complement Gut Nuture mixed it. Gut Nuture is a prebiotic powder (that tastes like ginger!) that I take daily to help my gut microbiome. I usually just mix it with water, but it’s fun to use in recipes.


1 comment:

Susan said...

I love finding things on super cheap clearance sale, I have bought a lot of stuff that way because full price is way too expensive. But then I get sad when I really enjoy something and can't get it anymore.