Monday, June 26, 2023

Indian Corn Pudding, Taco Tuesday, and Fancy Avo Toast

I'm still catching up on posts of my random eats, so these are all foods I ate a long time ago! Like March! I made this Makai No Chevdo (aka Indian corn pudding) from Plant-Based India, and it was soooo good, especially in those cool spring days. The savory dish is seasoned with curry leaves and lots of other Indian spices, and it's topped with crunchy sev. On the side, I made the Blueprint Pakoras from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook. These were baked pakoras stuff with lots of veggies, which you can't see under all that chickpea flour batter. I served them with some sprout chutney that I made months ago and froze ice cube trays.

Taco Tuesdays are back at Global Cafe! A couple years ago, the cafe's manager, Juan, started Taco Tuesday specials where you could get three tacos with free chips and salsa and a $4 margarita. And I loved Taco Tuesday. But then Juan moved away, and so did Taco Tuesday. But he's back in Memphis and managing Global again, and he's revived the old taco special. I always get the Black Bean Tacos. Juan's margs are the best in town. 

Way back on St. Patrick's Day, I met up with a coworker for coffee at Vice & Virtue, and since it was around lunch time, I ordered this Avocado Toast. Best avo toast ever! The homemade bread is super thick and toasty, and they add garlic pepitas and fermented jalapeno. It also comes with chili-garlic butter, but it's easy to ask for that to be left off. 

And here's a quick meal from a can! I discovered these Heyday canned, seasoned chickpeas at Sprouts, and they're perfect for busy nights. Sadly, after trying a few flavors, the cans disappeared from Sprouts' shelves. Bummer.


No comments: