Monday, June 19, 2023

Father's Day Fun with Papa Crunk!

I went back home to Arkansas on Friday for an early Father's Day with my parents. First things first, I gave my dad his gifts (a Yeti beer coozie, a Busch beer shirt, and a six-pack of pickle beers). I picked up the shirt and coozie at the Budweiser gift shop in St. Louis when Paul and I visited there back in April. And I thought it'd be fun to buy family Bud shirts. I got myself a Bud Light shirt, my mom a Budweiser tee, and my dad a Busch shirt (because that's his beer of choice). Now, I much prefer craft beer, but I do enjoy the political statement that supporting Budweiser makes these days. Happy to support any brands that celebrate Pride!

After our family pic, we headed to a new Thai place in downtown Hardy, Arkansas. Sabai Thai was super vegan-friendly. When I asked to have my Pad See Ew made without fish sauce, the server asked me if I was vegan and said the chef was always super careful with vegan orders. Quite surprising in a small Arkansas town! And awesome!

I also got the Thai Salad Rolls with no egg. These were really great salad rolls.

After dinner, we went to the Spring River Draft House to meet up with my parents' friends for a beer and live music. They typically have cover artists on Fridays, and the guy played a bunch of 90s songs!

And we rounded out the night with my mom's Vegan Peanut Butter Pie topped with PB Oreos. Sooooo good. She used the Philadelphia vegan cream cheese for this, and it was definitely the best version she's made over the years. That cream cheese is so good.

The next morning, I went to Loberg Park in Hardy for a 10.5-mile run, but about four miles in, I had to use the bathroom. So I went to the little bathroom building next to the playground, and well, I got stuck. The metal door didn't lock because the lock didn't line up with the doorframe, so I closed it extra hard. And then when I went to open the door, it wouldn't budge. I tried with my weight and might. And nothing.

Luckily, my parents live about 20 minutes away from the park, so I called my dad. And he was there as fast as he could be to free me. He was able to put his weight into the door and push it in. Whew!! That was scary. My dad is a real hero!

After that, I finished my run in this beautiful park overlooking Spring River. 

And then I headed back to my parents' house for brunch. We had vegan Breakfast Casserole with Just Egg, Impossible Sausage, biscuits, and Chao cheese, plus some Hash Browns and mimosas. 

My mom and I got a little kayaking in on their lake, too, before I had to drive home.

1 comment:

NN said...

I think you owe your dad another tshirt and more beer for saving you from the bathroom. LOL