Monday, April 20, 2020

Vegan Fried Chicken! Biscoff Cake! French Toast!

Since I'm not eating out as often these days (typically just once a week at Imagine Vegan Cafe), I like to splurge hard when I do get takeout! No healthy-ish takeout meals for me! I want pure junk food. I indulged this Saturday night with Imagine Vegan Cafe's Fried Chick'n Drumsticks meal with sides of vegan mac and seasoned greens ("honey" mustard for dipping). Y'all, these crispy, chicken-y drummies are my fave, but I rarely order them because fried food makes me feel yucky. But sometimes, it's worth it. This was one of those times.


When eating something this decadent, I wouldn't usually also spring for dessert. But when I saw they'd just put out a fresh Biscoff Cake, well, it had to be eaten. This is my very favorite dessert at Imagine! There's a thin layer of vanilla cake swirled with Biscoff spread, topped with creamy vegan whip and drizzled with more Biscoff. Y'ALL. Y'ALL. I can't even.


LuLu's is back at the CY Farmer's Market! They're only doing pre-order pick-up, so you order and pay on their website and pick up in-person. This minimizes contact, and they're doing a pay-what-you-can deal, so people who have lost their income can pick up goods for free if they need to. Those who can pay more are doing so to off-set that cost. Very cool! I picked up some sandwich loaf and country loaf from them on Saturday, and I made this French Toast the next day using slices of sandwich loaf. Topped with homemade berry syrup (made with frozen berries and maple) and hemp hearts.


It was nice to be back at the farmer's market! It was fairly busy, but everyone was wearing masks so I felt super-safe. I picked up a bunch of fresh tomatoes, some sprouts, and some butter lettuce as well. All of those veggies went into a big ole salad on Sunday afternoon. I also added some leftover, chopped vegan fried chicken from Imagine. Topped with homemade lemon-tahini dressing and lots of toasted sesame seeds. YUM!


1 comment:

Susan said...

All this food looks SO GOOD!
I love that Lulu's is offering free or cheap food for those who need it, things like that just make me tear up a little.