Monday, April 13, 2020

Tacos! Burgers! Tofu Eggs!

I made Black Bean & Veggie Tacos last week using canned beans, frozen bell peppers, frozen corn, and some fresh veggies (like kale and onions) that need using. I also made some Cashew Queso from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook, and wow, that stuff is good! Best cheese dip I've ever made!


I enjoyed my weekly takeout order from Imagine Vegan Cafe on Saturday night after spending the day running and gardening (yay outside!!). I got a Beyond Burger with Vegan Cheese & Sweet Potato Fries. The cheese got a little melty in the takeout box, but hey, it's takeout!


Here's a healthy, super-easy pantry/freezer meal I made last week. Baked Sweet Potato with Chickpeas, Spinach, and Guac. I used canned chickpeas, frozen spinach, and Herdez guacamole salsa from a jar (a great stand-in for fresh guac when you can't get avocados!).


For my Easter Sunday supper, I made my Tofu Deviled Eggy Bites and Pimento Cheese from Cookin' Crunk! The "eggs" have black salt for a super eggy flavor. I stocked up on tofu for the pandemic like most people did with toilet paper! The pimento cheese is really just a fancy hummus with pimento peppers and a little Vegenaise for extra creaminess. Great on a sandwich. I had some Beanfield's Korean BBQ Cracklins on the side. It rained all day here on Sunday, so my hopes for an Easter picnic with Paul turned into chillin' on the couch and watching Ozark.


4 comments:

Susan said...

I've always wanted to make that pimento cheese recipe but alas, we don't have pimentos here. Not unless you buy a jar of stuffed olives and pull out the pimento bits one by one!

Anonymous said...

Susan, my husband and I discovered pimento cheese while on a trip to North Carolina early this spring. The co-op used roasted red peppers not pimento. I took a photo of the ingredients and successfully duplicated it at home. Delicious!

Hillary said...

I've seen that guacamole salsa, looks like I need to get some!! That stuffed sweet potato looks so good, and I don't even love sweet potatoes!
I love Ozark!

Sarah said...

OMG YUM!! I want all of it. THat burger and sweet potato fries, omg! I could totally go for tacos too.