Tuesday, May 7, 2019

CBD Living Loose Leaf Teas!

I've been slow to get on the CBD bandwagon, mostly because I didn't know how it could help me. I'd heard that it works wonders for anxiety, but I don't deal with much anxiety (stress sometimes, sure, but it's more situational and tends to go away quickly). I did try a CBD tincture after I fractured my foot last year because I'd read that it helps with bone growth. But the tincture was cost-prohibitive, and I didn't really know if it was helping or not.

But then I heard about CBD helping to improve sleep quality. And that's an area where I could use some real help! I used to be such a deep, hard sleeper, but the older I get, the harder it is for me to stay asleep. And now that I sleep with a Fitbit, I can see from my sleep data that I'm spending very little time in deep sleep (an average of 30 minutes in a night of 6.5 hours of sleep). CBD Living offered to send me their vegan teas to review, and I jumped at the chance. I wanted to see if it really boosted my deep sleep.


They sent me Mango Herbal Tea, Passion Green Tea, and Berry Black Tea. I've been drinking the green and black teas, interchangeably most mornings, and the herbal tea in the evenings before bed. And no lie, on the days when I've had CBD tea, my deep sleep quality is far improved. For example, last night, I slept my usual 6.5 hours, but I got a whopping 1 hour and 42 minutes of deep sleep, 1 hour and 25 minutes of REM sleep, and the rest is light sleep or awake time.

The last day I didn't have CBD tea (which was Sunday, because I forgot), I got only 31 minutes of deep sleep in the same amount of time spent asleep. Crazy huh? I've been experimenting with the CBD tea for over a month with stunning results on the days I remember to drink it. Even if I just have one cup in the morning, it still seems to help me get better deep sleep that night.

It does not, however, seem to help with staying asleep. I still wake up to pee a couple times a night, and I've not found anything that can help with that. But my bladder is probably more to blame.

As for the flavors, they're awesome. The Mango Herbal is probably my fave. I'm not typically a big herbal tea drinker because most herbal tea seems light on flavor to me. But not this one. It contains honeybush, calendula petal, dried peach, and mango extract, plus 150 mg of CBD. I think the strong flavor of mango extract makes all the difference.


Berry Black is really great too! It's a strong black tea with a berry flavor that's naturally sweet and not too tangy. I find many berry teas can be overwhelming tangy. Its assam black tea with dried black currants and blueberry extract. Again, it's that extract that makes the difference.


Passion Green is some of the best loose-leaf green tea I've had! It's a sencha green with marigold petals and passion fruit extract, so it's not your average green tea. It's the perfect gentle start to my morning. I like to have a little green tea first and then I have coffee later in the morning.


CBD Living also has chai turmeric tea, coconut herbal tea, and instant matcha, all containing 150 mg of CBD (which comes out to 7.5 mg per 1.5 teaspoon serving). You can find all of their teas here, and then check out their website for more products. Unfortunately, their chocolates and gummies are not vegan. But they do have CBD water, syrups, and even bath bombs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like the sleep thing just gets harder and harder! I try to stop drinking water at least a couple hours before bed, which sometimes helps, but only sometimes. The other thing I’ve noticed is that I sleep way better if I don’t have any alcohol, which is healthy of course, but sometimes I do like to enjoy a drink with a friend or my partner!

Ali said...

Ugh, sorry! Why do I put my name (Ali) and get turned into Anonymous! I fail at the internet.

Cadry's Kitchen said...

That's so fascinating that it made such a big impact on the amount of deep sleep you got, and that you were able to actually track it because of your Fitbit. I have tried chamomile CBD tea (from a different company), and I liked it a lot. But it's 10 times the cost of chamomile tea alone. So I'm back to Trader Joe's chamomile. Like Ali, I have much deeper, uninterrupted sleep if I don't have a glass (or two) of wine before bed.