Monday, February 25, 2019

Home Cookin' + Burgers + Buns

It's been awhile since I've posted a random food round-up, so I'm reaching way back for a few of these meals — like back in early February when I visited my parents so my dad could help me do my taxes. My mom and dad cooked a big ole Southern supper that night! Vegan Chicken & Dumplins, Air-fried Okra, Fried Potatoes with Chow Chow, Slow-Cooked Collards, and Homemade Dinner Rolls. YUM!


Paul and I ran the Stanky Creek 8K+ (about 5.5 miles) a few weeks ago, and afterward, we celebrated with burgers and beers from Huey's. I got the Beyond Burger again (love this new vegan option from Memphis' favorite burger joint!), but I ordered it West Coast-style this time with vegan smoked gouda, avocado, and vegan mayo. Side of steamed veggies (but Paul shared his tots with me).


A few weeks back, I picked up a Vegan Blackeyed Pea Sausage Biscuit from the Lulu's Memphis stall at the Cooper-Young Farmers Market. So good! I added jelly to it when I got home because sausage biscuits need jelly. Savory-sweet for the win.


And I also picked up a Lulu's Vegan Goat Cheese & Chive Bun. Amazing. Made with Don's homemade cashew goat cheese.


Here's a yummy week night bowl with Mashed Potatoes, Air-fried Smoke Tofu & Mushrooms, & Gravy, plus a side of Steamed Kale.


And finally, here's a plate of random food from a cocktail night at my co-worker Caitlin's house. Her husband Steven made BBQ Jackfruit Sliders (so good!) and Roasted Asparagus. I brought Chips, Salsa, and Cashew Queso.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your parents cooking is totally next level! And such a nice treat after doing taxes :/
I didn’t know such a thing as vegan smoked gouda cheese existed! I love any smoked flavors so i would be very into that, and i like the idea of getting a steamed veg side but also getting a few tots :))
I had to look up what a black eyed pea sausage biscuit is! So awesome you can get those unique vegan baked goods
Ttrockwood

Hillary said...

It's so surprising that your parents aren't vegan because it seems like they are professional vegan chefs!! That dinner looks out of this world!!!

Sarah said...

Whoa!!!! What amazing meals! Your parents are seriously amazing. I love that they are so into vegan cooking, especially not being vegan themselves. That meal is next level amazing! The Vegan Goat Cheese and Chive Bun sounds really delicious and your dinner smothered in gravy looks so comforting and delicious. Definitely some great meals going on here!

Susan said...

Such good food!!!
That Lulu's roll is making me weep with longing.
Jelly in a sausage biscuit sounds good!