Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving!!

I am so full! We finished eating our Thanksgiving lunch hours ago, but I'm still stuffed. I'll share pics of what we ate in a few, but first, here's what we had for dinner last night. I drove to Jonesboro right after work, and my mom and I went straight to the Truck Patch health food store to hit the salad bar. I like to eat salads the night before Thanksgiving.

But this was a BIG salad. My parents tease me about how big my salads are. Truck Patch charges by the pound, and this was definitely a pricy plate. It has baked tofu, roasted chickpeas, black beans, roasted corn, pickled beets, black and green olives, marinated mushrooms, cranberries, lettuce (not romaine), broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, red onion, green peas, bell pepper, quinoa, hemp seed, pumpkin seed, vegan bacon bits, and balsamic vinaigrette. Whew!


After dinner, my dad made me one of his famous Vegan Bloody Marys!


For breakfast this morning, I made a smoothie in my mom's Ninja. Definitely not as good as my Vitamix. This had bananas, green apple, clementines, and walnuts, but the apple skin wouldn't blend well and it had chewy bits.


I was pretty hungry by 10:30 am, so I had some Sundried Tomato Hummus, Cucumbers, and Gluten-Free Crackers that I found in my parents' fridge and pantry. Enjoyed while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.


We typically eat the big Thanksgiving meal for lunch, so around noon, we sat down to eat! Mama makes everything vegan! There's Field Roast with Gravy, Cornbread Dressin', Green Beans, Hash Brown Casserole, Broccoli-Rice-Cheese Casserole, Corn Relish, and Cranberry Sauce. Oh, and awesome Dinner Rolls by Kind Confections (Jonesboro's vegan baker!).



Casserole shot!


For dessert, we had a Vegan Apple Pie from Kind Confections. This was soooooo good! And I love the lattice work.


And mama made Pecan Pie Tarts! These were soooooo good! I topped my desserts with Reddi Whip Coconut Whip.


Here's a family photo with my parents and my Me-Maw and Granny. Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving too!


4 comments:

Susan said...

Looks like a wonderful feast!

Hillary said...

It all looks so delicious!! I love that your mom made everything vegan!!

Sarah said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving! Your mom is awesome, your feast looks incredible!

Unknown said...

Hard to believe everything was vegan! Those casseroles all sound fantastic, i am a big fan of casseroles :))
And my gosh there are pay by weight salad bars and hot bars all over nyc and i have made some very expensive salads myself!
Ttrockwood