Monday, September 9, 2013

Sippy Cups for Grown-Ups!


At Vida Vegan Con this year, the lovely folks from Vegan Cuts were handing out gift bags filled with samples of vegan snacks. But there was one item in the bag that wasn't edible, and it's changed my life. It was a Cuppow! Canning Jar Drinking Lid.

I'm a glass jar hoarder, which I'm certain is genetic because my Granny does it too. I use the jars for storing bulks grains and beans, nuts, dried fruit, whatever. And the jars that I've lost the lids to become drinking glasses. And thanks to the wide-mouth jar Cuppow lid from Vegan Cuts, I now use a giant jar as my reusable water bottle at work.

Using a wide jar means I can fit all sorts of fresh fruits and herbs inside for lightly flavored aqua fresca. My fave combo lately has been orange, lemon, and lime. The water looks so pretty in a clear glass jar, and for some reason, that makes me drink more water.


You simply replace the metal seal lid with the plastic Cuppow and screw in place. Instant drinking jar. I'd already grown to love this one when Cuppow asked me if I'd review their latest BNTO Canning Jar Lunchbox Adaptor. Well, of course! They sent me the BNTO (more on that in a few) and a regular mouth drinking lid in blue.


The blue lid was perfect for a smaller-sized jar. Here I have some iced vegan chai in a Cuppow sippy cup.


But the BNTO Canning Jar Lunchbox Adaptor is the best! It's a plastic cup that fits inside a wide-mouth jar to separate it into two compartments.


Great for hummus and veggies, salad and dressing, spaghetti and marinara, chips and salsa, whatever. This morning, I used the BNTO to separate my marinated Italian veggies (beans, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and a homemade vinaigrette) from the hummus I'd be eating some pita chips. I wish you could see if better in this picture, but the cup is hanging down from the top. The inside of my jar was a little foggy from moving from the cold fridge to the hot, hot Memphis morning.


It's so simple that I wish I'd thought of it first.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a cuppow too! I love it :)

Katie @ The Almost Vegan said...

I have seen lids like this - I love the adapter! I think you might have just sold me! I use mason jars for literally everything!!

Babette said...

I got a Cuppow too from Vegan Cuts, but I have yet to find a wide-mouth jar.

Randi (laughfrodisiac) said...

Ahh! So weird that this is your post; I found my cuppow today and thought, "why haven't I used this yet?" Great ideas here, thanks!

Erika said...

I was so excited when I got this in my VVC swag bag! It's such a fantastic idea.

Katie said...

That BNTO lid is so freakin' cool!!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I kept meaning to grab one of those! Cute and almost not horrifying!