Sunday, September 29, 2013

Gettin' Crunk on the TV News

Bright 'n' early on Saturday morning (6:45 a.m.!), I was on Fox-13's Good Morning Memphis mixin' up my Eggless Tofu Olive Salad from Cookin' Crunk with morning show host Wendy Nations. Okay, technically I wasn't mixing anything up at 6:45 on Saturday. The segment was pre-recorded around 10:30 a.m. on Friday to air on Saturday's show. I had the option of doing a live segment, but being up that early on a Saturday is tough.

Here's a screenshot. The full clip is at the bottom of this post.

Anyway, the producer had asked me to come in and talk about approachable vegan options, and she suggested that it'd be even better if I could demo something while I was being interviewed. I won't pass up any opportunity to promote veganism to the mainstream, so of course I said yes! A couple days later, the producer emailed back to let me know that host Wendy Nations was vegan too!

How cool! I've done cooking segments on morning shows before (one other time on Fox and another time on the local CBS affiliate) but never with a vegan host. Wendy told me, before we began filming, that she went vegan in February after a short vegan and gluten-free cleanse left her feeling better than ever.

Anyway, here's the full clip. It's only three minutes! And you get to see me make a blooper. I totally spilled red onions all over the counter. Oops!

14 comments:

Dana Vickerson said...

way to go, bianca! spread that veganism in our dirty south :)

Cadry said...

Great job, Bianca! That's so awesome that the host is vegan and was so positive throughout about the dish you were making. I've never added olives to a tofu salad, but it sounds terrific!

Adriana Robles said...

Congratulations! :D
Thise are such awesome opportunities and I'm glad that you got to do them again. :)

vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

Lorrie Haley said...

Yay you are on tv! That tofu salad looks delish! Your cookbook is so on my xmas wish list!

The Peace Patch said...

Love it...you've got me craving a tofu salad sandwich now! You rocked!
That cameraman seemed a little drunk though... ;)

David Wise said...

Great job, Bianca! Love your cookbook, by the way. I have two young kids (ages 9 and 5), and they've loved everything I've made out of it (and the 5 year old is picky, picky, picky)!

David Wise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abby Bean said...

Super congrats; spread the word!

MonsterAteMy said...

Just bought your book and made this for lunch today; so good! Congrats on the TV appearance!

Unknown said...

That is so cool that you went on there! Thanks for posting.

luminousvegans said...

How super exciting! I think I would have been nervous as heck but you did such an awesome job!

Jess said...

Awesome, Bianca!! =)

Dana Vickerson said...

just made this and OH MY GAWD was it good!!

Claire (Eat Well. Party Hard.) said...

Look at you, gettin' down on TV with yo' badass self. This is awesome :) Way to spread the word!