Monday, January 28, 2013

Thrive Forward, Day 26

I'm almost there! Only two-ish more days left until my 28-day Thrive Forward cleanse is over! Now, I know I promised some pretty awesome cheat posts from the weekend, but I'll post one tomorrow and one on Thursday. Today, I want to show y'all more cleanse food because this day was filled with awesome new healthy eats.

The morning started with the usual — Mango Coconut Energy Bar (I swear I'm almost out of these!) and a weight session. Then I had this creamy bowl of Chia Cereal:


It's been quite awhile since I've played around with chia seeds, but this may be my favorite use for them yet. I put three tablespoons of chia seeds in a cup of almond milk overnight. This morning, the seeds had expanded into their magical jelly-like state. Then I stirred in one tablespoon of Bee-Free Honee, two chopped dates, a handful of raspberries, and some chopped walnuts and almonds.

My morning snack wasn't nearly as photogenic as that bowl of chia cereal. But it was still really, really delicious. These Salt & Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas were from the Thrive website:


Those are chickpeas cooked in a balsamic reduction, hence their dark color. Then they were baked with chopped kale, salt, oil, and garlic.

Lunch was the last of my New Caesar Salad with Rustic Sweet Onion Flatbread. Then in the afternoon, I had this Blueberry Rooibos Antioxidant Smoothie from Thrive:


In the smoothie is a banana, blueberries, hemp protein, hemp oil, and some Blue Lotus masala chai rooibos powder.

Dinner was one of the best meals I've made on the cleanse so far! Stuffed Peppers with Cashew Cream:


These roasted peppers are stuffed with a curry and cumin-spiced mixture of quinoa, brown rice, green onions, and black beans. Then they're topped with a warm cashew cream made with soaked cashews, chopped onion, garlic, olive oil, and nutritional yeast. Ahhhhh ....

I wasn't really hungry for an after-dinner snack after eating those, but I'd already planned on having fruit with nut butter. So I ate it anyway. Sometimes, I eat just because I want to. :-/ Here was my Organic Apple with PB2 for dippin':


Okay, tomorrow I'll be eating mostly leftovers, so I promise to post fun weekend cheater pics!

4 comments:

Rachel from The Vegan Mishmash said...

Cashew cream makes everything delicious. And your chia breakfast looks beautiful...especially with the raspberries.

Lisa Viger said...

The chia breakfast (and everything else) looks yum!

Allysia said...

Yeah, Friday's gonna be a good day - February 1st is when Mike and I decided we're allowed to vice it up again. :) I love chia pudding, I should make some! And stuffed peppers are always good.

Anonymous said...

Ah looks so delicious.