Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thrive Day 15: I'm a Winner!!

Guess what?! I won the daily prize package from Thrive Forward. Every day, when you tweet or Facebook-share the Thrive videos, you get an entry into a daily drawing for an amazingly generous prize package. Check out what I've won!
  • 4 large tubs of Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake
  • 1 case (24-pk) of CoCos-Pure coconut water
  • 1 annual membership to My Yoga Online
  • 1 Full Circle Home Wherever Water bottle or 1 Fresh Air kitchen compost collector
  • 1 annual subscription to Yoga Journal
  • 1 ZoN Fitness resistance tube and Thrive Fitness DVD
  • 1 Thrive Foods book by Brendan Brazier (titled Whole Foods to Thrive in Canada)
When I began the cleanse on January 3rd, I set out to win that package. I NEED that Vega and coconut water big-time, since I plan to continue the post-workout coconut water and smoothies after my cleanse is over. And Vega is expensive! So is coconut water! I shared the Thrive videos daily (sometimes multiple times each day) to ensure that I'd win. And I did! I can't wait until the stuff comes in. I'm sure I'll post about it again then. 

By the way, you can still win this package if you sign up for the free Thrive Forward plan and share the videos often. The daily drawings run through the end of February.

Until then, let's look at what I ate today - the halfway point. The morning started with another Mango Coconut Energy Bar, followed by a 45-minute  run (15 minutes warming up on the treadmill and 30 outside in the cold). Then I had some coconut water, followed soon after by this Apple Cinnamon Vega Smoothie:


I really think I'm in love with Vega. All the smoothies I've been making with it have stayed with me for hours. When I've tried to have breakfast smoothies in the past (without Vega), I'm hungry an hour after drinking it. But Vega keeps me full, and it makes for a thick and creamy smoothie. 

This one had a whole organic apple, two tablespoons of almond butter, almond-coconut milk, Vega One Natural, and cinnamon. I found the recipe on the Thrive Forward website. Loved the combo of apples and almond butter.

My morning snack was a handful of Nativas Naturals Trail Mix (a mixture of cacao nibs, cashews, goji berries, goldenberries, and mulberries), but I forgot to take a picture.

Lunch was a Mexican Salad Bowl from Thrive Foods:


It's a simple salad with romaine, black beans, fresh corn, grated carrots, cubed jicama, and green onion. The recipe doesn't include a dressing, so I used some leftover Tomato-Basil Dressing from Thrive.

My afternoon snack was more Rhythm Superfoods Texas BBQ Kale Chips and a banana. And dinner was a leftover Temple Rice Bowl (wild rice, bok choy, hummus, sprouts, onions, and hemp seeds). Oh, and I had a square of Vega Maca Chocolate for dessert.

Halfway done!

9 comments:

coconutandberries said...

Wow! Lucky you! What a great prize. I love the sound of that smoothie too- I've not tried apples in a smoothie but makes a refreshing change from bananas.

Unknown said...

congrats! do you ever read Daily Garnish? (another food blog) Emily has a "recipe" for a Vega-inspired protein powder mix that I love! It ends up being way, way cheaper and has almost identical stats/flavor :)

Amber said...

BBQ Kale Chips? Yes, please.

Jenny said...

Congratulations! You may not know it but you win EVERY day when I have to choose which of my favorite blogs to read first. You win every time! :-) Especially since I made your basic cheesy sauce last night...and it's nearly gone today! Thank you for all your inspiration.

aimee said...

Congrats! That's sooo fun!
Have a great weekend.
xo
Aimee

Unknown said...

Congrats on the win! :)

Bianca said...

Awww, thanks Jenny!! That was the nicest comment ever!

Meatloaf Recipe said...

What a Delicious food blog! I am feeling quite hungry now, can't wait to eat those yummy food :)

Jacinta said...

Congrats on your win. So excited for you :) Love your blog. Are you following food plan from Thrive or just picking your own recipes from the books?