Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thrive Forward, Day 22

I may have had a weak moment yesterday with that cinnamon roll situation. But that's okay. I was right back on the cleansing wagon today. I woke up a little late because I turned my alarm off in my sleep, so I only had time for a 30 minute run. But I fit it in and followed it up with my favorite Vega smoothie combo yet — Cashew Butter Maca Chip Vega Smoothie:


Yes, it is as good as it sounds. I found the recipe on Vega's Facebook page. But here it is (with a few changes): 1/2 frozen banana, one cup almond milk, 2 Tbsp. cashew butter, 1 scoop Vega One Natural, dash of vanilla extract, 1/3rd of a Vega Maca Chocolate Bar.

Blend everything together except for the Maca Chocolate Bar. Add the bar to the blender and blend on low until the chocolate turns into chips. Man, this is so good and creamy! It's hard to believe it's health food and not dessert.

My morning snack was Rustic Sweet Onion Flatbread, which I've used as croutons on the New Caesar Salad for the past few days. It makes a great crouton, but it's just as delicious on its own:


Lunch was this Chopped Garden Salad with Roasted Garlic Dressing (both recipes are from Thrive Foods):


The salad has romaine, radishes, carrots, celery, cucumbers, bell peppers, sprouts, sunflower seeds, and hemp seeds. And the dressing is so amazing! To make it, you roast a whole cup of garlic cloves in olive oil. Then it's blended with balsamic vinegar and red wine vinegar and oregano.

I didn't have an afternoon snack because I was being interviewed for a magazine all afternoon! But more on that way later, like when the article is scheduled to come out.

Dinner was another Spicy DLT (dulse, lettuce, tomato, and avocado) Sandwich. Then I attended a booksigning for rescue dog advocate Ken Foster's new book I'm a Good Dog: Pit Bulls, America's Most Beautiful (and Misunderstood) Pet. As y'all probably know, I have a pit bull named Maynard. And he's a very good dog. Hyper as all hell. But a very sweet boy.

Right now, I'm snacking on the last of my Rhythm Superfoods Kool Ranch Kale Chips, and then I'm off to the Hi-Tone Cafe to catch a Purity Ring show. I'll leave you with some Fineshrine ...

3 comments:

Madison said...

Looks so yummy! :) I have started running again too... it is such a nice feeling to be able to lose yourself in a big run.

Jenn said...

I'm totally into chopped salads. Who knew cutting salad into little bits makes you want to eat them more? Smoothie looks lovely, too. Congrats on 22 days!

Allysia said...

Oooh, I want that flatbread. It's been a long time since I've made any raw or raw-ish goodies like that! And you've reminded me that I need to roast some garlic. Congrats on the magazine interview, though I assume it'll be some time before that's released!