Sunday, June 26, 2011

Vegan Brunch

Memphis' only all-vegan restaurant, Imagine Vegan Cafe, is now serving brunch! The comfort food cafe opened in April, and they've been serving hearty, vegan meat-based entrees for lunch and dinner daily. But this afternoon, Imagine launched brunch, and my friends and I (we call ourselves the Imagine Vegan Supper Club, but we'll have to change that to Breakfast Club on Sundays) were there for the big event.

Much like their regular menu, the brunch menu is huge and loaded with mouth-watering options. I couldn't resist the Memphis Slam — two biscuits topped with sausage, tofu scramble, gravy, and cheezy sauce!

This was clearly enough food for two meals, but I ate it all! And I paid for it later by feeling miserably full all day. Next time, I'm asking for a to-go box.

My friend Kim went with the Breakfast Platter — potatoes, grits, tofu scramble, biscuits, and your choice of bacon or sausage. For some crazy reason, Kim didn't want the scramble, but pretend it's on this plate:

Leslie ordered the BLT, which is supposed to come with breakfast potatoes. But she wanted fruit, so they let her swap out the side. I would have totally chosen potatoes over fruit though!

And Mike ordered a platter of Piggies in a Blanket for the table — sausage links wrapped in flaky crescent rolls:

Everything I tried was amazing, and I'm sure I'll be back to try everything on the brunch menu. Our supper club meets at Imagine every Wednesday night for dinner, but we may have to start coming every Sunday too. In fact, I love this place so much, I could totally stop cooking and eat there everyday! But don't worry ... I need to cook to be happy. So that won't happen.

15 comments:

Sheridan said...

Drew and I have to come visit soon and you are taking us to the Imagine Vegan Cafe! Ok? K. Cool. Glad we've settled that. haha!

VeganLinda said...

Okay, I've never thought about visiting Memphis before, but now I have to. This all looks so good!

Anonymous said...

mmmm...that all looks really yummy

gucci outlet online said...

wow...it looks very delicious! i like it very much

Mihl said...

An all vegan brunch? You are so lucky!

The Health Sensei said...

we have vegan brunch every sunday too at Quiet Storm - so i gotta ask - what's in your biscuits? I mean, what flour? At our vegan brunch the biscuits and gravy are rice flour biscuits and therefore they're extremely filling. there's no way you could have eaten four of those ;) is that just all purpose flour?

The Chubby Vegetarian said...

"I need to cook to be happy!"...I agree completely.

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. said...

How cool that Memphis has a vegan brunch!! Love hearing about places in the middle of the country that are hip and plant based. Love vegan brunches too!! I don't usually drink coffee but remember vegan brunches being hours of good conversation and pots of coffee.

Anonymous said...

I have to get my hands on some vegan biscuits, like stat.

Jesse @ Happy Go Lucky Vegan said...

There is nothing I love more than a rockin' vegan brunch place! Your pictures were drool - worthy!

Babette said...

This food looks great. Thanks for mentioning your friend didn't want the scramble, because I was looking for it but couldn't see it =)

Unknown said...

Vegan piggies in a blanket. Awesome. Double awesome that you have a supper/breakfast club.

Unknown said...

yum! brunch is probably my favorite meal..and it's so hard to come by to eat out at a vegan friendly brunch place!
imagine cafe sounds great! anytime i ever make it to memphis i definitely know where i'll be going!

Erin said...

Pigs in a blanket! Everything here looks so good.

LP said...

Must...have...Memphis...Slam...