Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Low-Fat Asian-ish Eats

Yea, I have Internet again!! Thankfully, Comcast got right on that, and my connection was working by mid-day. And it looks like the storms are gone for a few days. To celebrate, I had a delicious meal from Appetite for Reduction tonight — Hoison-Mustard Tofu Wraps:

And Scallion Potato Pancakes:

The hoison-mustard tofu is ridiculously amazing. I pressed the tofu overnight in my Tofu Xpress tofu press, so it was super-firm. Then it's lightly fried with bell peppers, hoisin sauce, mustard, and red pepper flakes. I added extra hot chili peppers because I can take the heat. The spicy tofu is paired with cool and crunchy romaine hearts for a low-fat, yummy entree.

Isa suggests pairing the tofu with her Scallion Potato Pancakes, a baked potato pancake that could rival any fried version. The mashed taters are mixed with scallions and spices and then dredged in panko. After shooting this pic, I smothered these babies in sriracha. Oh, and I served some steamed farmer's market kale on the side. Veggie heavy, low-cal, and delicious.

5 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

The hoison-mustard tofu looks so good, I'll have to try it!
I want a Tofu Xpress soooo bad!

Nicci said...

Time for a grocery tip to pick up Hoison-mustard. Sounds great

ComcastCares1 said...

I just ate but I think I am hungry again looking at the pictures and reading about your recipe.

I love Sriracha.

I am glad your Comcast service is restored now. I work for Comcast. If you need help in the future, feel free to contact me.

Thanks!

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

VeganLinda said...

I have to buy this cookbook! Everything looks so good!

Amber said...

Both of these recipes are now in permanent rotation at my house. The hoison mustard tofu is insanely good! If you haven't tried the Orange Scented Broccoli yet DO IT :-) It's good over a little bit of brown rice.