Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bluff City Vegan Eats: Cosmic Coconut

Cosmic Coconut is finally open!! I've been awaiting this new vegan juice bar's first day forever, and that day finally came on Good Friday/Earth Day. The East Memphis shop held its soft opening from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. that day, and since our offices closed at noon for the holiday, I had just enough time to make the drive from downtown to East Memphis. I arrived to find this storefront at 5101 Sanderlin Avenue:

And this cute ass sign out front:

Inside, I was faced with loads of choices! For now, Cosmic Coconut offers juices, smoothies, coffee, tea, and smoothie bowls (topped with coconut, granola, or walnuts). They eventually plan to add raw desserts and snacky foods, like guacamole and hummus:

After much deliberation, I finally settled on a large Chocolate Covered Almond Smoothie:

This was made from bananas, So Delicious coconut milk, almond butter, cacao powder, and carob powder. It was all I had for lunch, and it was so satisfying. The delicious combo kept me full right until dinner time. I can't wait to try the juices and smoothie bowls.

Cosmic Coconut is located at 5101 Sanderlin Ave., Suite 104B. Call 901-729-7134 or visit their website.

10 comments:

Katie said...

That smoothie sounds so sinful...! Want!

The Health Sensei said...

i've made the exact same smoothie at home quite a lot. good choice

Ash said...

Thanks for coming by, Bianca and giving us a try. I would LOVE for you to come by again and get the exact same thing, b/c we played with that recipe a little. If you've got time, swing by this week and we'll make you one on the house...we could really use your feedback!
Thanks for this most awesome blog post. You kick the ass!

Anonymous said...

Cosmic Coconut looks like an awesome place! And that smoothie sounds amazing! (Anything made with So Delicious coconut milk is.) I am going to make one right now!

jessy said...

ooooh, i'm gonna have to recreate that smoothie, Bianca - it sounds damn delicious! i love the name Cosmic Coconut and i'm totally jealousfaced you've got a vegan juice bar. i want! i want! i love that they're gonna stock up on the awesome snacky foods, too - sounds absolutely awesome. w00t!

Unknown said...

Pretty extensive list of options for a first day.

organic food said...

I will definitely try the Good Vibration smoothie for I'm fascinated with berries, and somehow it had helped me lose some fats on my tummy :D

Nicci said...

Gotta love smoothies

morganbb said...

I have been dying to go by this place, so I went by as soon as I got off work the other day and was REALLY DISAPPOINTED to see they close at 1pm! Who the heck can get there between 7am and 1pm, especially if you work! I got out early too that day and still didn't make it in time. Those are the most messed up hours I have ever seen. Good luck keeping this place in business with those hours. Guess I"ll never make it to this place :(

morganbb said...

So I FINALLY made it to this place (only because I was off that day- no thanks to their hours). And the smoothie was good, but not $8 good! Seriously expensive for a smoothie that didn't seem all that special really. Cool atmosphere, but I could never talk my friends into going there for a smoothie that expensive.