Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Xmas!

I only have two desserts and three appetizers left to test before I'm done testing for my cookbook!! These Holy Molé Chocolate-Chili Cupcakes were one of the few desserts in the home stretch:

I added the cute little one-eyed deer and holly berry toppers for a festive touch. The cupcakes are flavored with a sweet homemade molé sauce made from freshly-ground dried ancho chilis. They're topped with cinnamon buttercream and a sprinklin' of more ancho chili powder for garnish. Just the right touch of spicy and sweet (or naughty and nice).

Hope y'all have a very Merry Xmas!

15 comments:

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Wow, Bianca, these look divine!

Teresa said...

I would love to taste this cupcake!

Anonymous said...

Hey great post. Thought I'm not sure I agree with you 100%. Keep em coming. Are you interested in having anyone guest post opposing views?

The Health Sensei said...

to anonymous ~ what do you oppose in that post? lol it's a freakin cupcake description!

bianca ~ happy holiday to you and yours :D

Leslie Richman said...

Ahh I love the decorations!!

dreaminitvegan said...

So cute! Merry x-mas to you too!

Dianne said...

Yummy! Merry Christmas!

The Vegan Snorkeler said...

Have an awesome Christmas! Love the cupcake toppers. Can't wait for this recipe!

MeloMeals said...

That sounds just about perfect. I love chocolate/chili/cinnamon together. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I have been reading your blog for some time now and I love it!! Your food sounds delicious! I can't wait for your cookbook to come out and I hope I can find a way to buy a copy in Australia :)
Great stuff, keep it coming!

and Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Sweet and mole with a deer on top? Very exciting!

Jess - The Domestic Vegan said...

Yay, congrats!! That cupcake is gorgeous.

The Slow One said...

Cute cupcake!

T said...

Oh how adorable! And the flavor sounds awesome, I love mole!

Unknown said...

OMG! I love this cupcake ... it's so creative!!!
htt://www.cougarvintage.blogspot.com