Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hodgepodge of Southern Eats

I take pictures of most everything I eat. Sometimes those pics make it into a blog post, and sometimes they live on my camera's memory card never to see the light of cyberspace. Others get downloaded and saved for a day when I don't have anything new to post. Today's one of those days. It's been a busy, busy week with little time to cook (or work out! Eek!), so here are a few older pictures. All are photos of recipes that will be in my cookbook.

A few months ago, I re-tested my White Bean & Collard Green Soup. This hearty meal-in-a-bowl has all the whole foods that matter — beans, greens, and tomatoes. It's the perfect for crumblin' your cornbread into:

A couple weeks back, I tried my Tofu "Chicken" Pasta Bake one more time. Creamy quinoa pasta meets marinated "chicken-y" tofu, tomatoes, and a touch of nutritional yeast. Tasty casserole for cold winter days.

Over the weekend, I put the final touches on my Seitan 'n' Dumplins:

I've made this over and over again to get the dish where I wanted it, and my testers have offered invaluable advice. My mama's been making vegan dumplins for me for years, so I used her recipe as a base. But I added homemade "chicken"-flavored seitan, potatoes, carrots, and peas to create a full meal that trumps any chicken 'n' dumplins I ever tried in my meatier days.

Don't forget to enter my Caribbean Vegan cookbook giveaway. Click here for details.

12 comments:

Mihl said...

You just described me. I have so many pictures on my computer which never saw the light of day. I am glad you were able to digg some of yours out! That soup looks tasty.

The Health Sensei said...

keep the pics coming, and i'll keep the drool coming...

Timmy Mac said...

When when when will this cookbook be available? Your blog has become sweet cruel torture for me.

Eve said...

ALL of those dishes look fantastic! Can't wait to buy your cookbook

MeloMeals said...

that soup looks soooo good!

Jacquie said...

That all looks so good! When can I come over to eat all of this?

Vegan Epicurean said...

I love that you photograph everything you eat and save those photos for when you need a post. Brilliant idea! I need to start doing that too. Everything looks great, BTW.

Ali

Dianne said...

That last one looks amazing for winter. Can't wait!

Annie said...

I pretty much love anything with dumplings but I have to admit seitan is my favorite! That looks so good!

Jennifer said...

That all looks so good, I'm starving now! Off to make mushroom fajita bowls and baked potatoes.

Anonymous said...

those vegan dumplings look AWESOME. i'm gonna find a recipe now!
peace
kimra diggs

Katrina said...

The White Bean and Collard Green Soup looks delicious!