Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rajun Cajun

I was supposed to have a work-related function tonight, but plans fell through. However, I'd already decided on a quick meal since I thought I'd be pressed for time. I threw together this Cajun Kielbasa Tomato Sauce with Quinoa Corn Pasta:


Yum! I needed to use the last Tofurkey Kielbasa leftover from the Father's Day grilling session. So I chopped it up and sauteed it with onion, garlic, and a jar of okra and tomatoes (canned by my Granny last season). Spiced with a little Cajun seasoning and habanero hot sauce, this dish was totally delish!

By the way, the pasta is made from quinoa and corn rather than semolina flour. I found it at Wild Oats in the bulk bins. I love how yellow it is! After only eating whole wheat pasta for so long, it's nice to be able to eat a healthy pasta with a traditional pasta color.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

good thing your plans changed, then! the pasta looks delicious.

Marisa L. S. said...

Yum! I bought some quinoa pasta too, which I haven't tried yet, but mine is brown! And the concert was awesome! It was our second time seeing Ringo--first time must have been 10 yrs ago!

urban vegan said...

You know, I'm Polish--and I love fusion cuisine. But this is the first time I've seen a Polish food used. So djekuje! (Thank you!)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I've never had quinoa-pasta before - looks great!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Hehe your rhyming title cracks me up :o)

Hungry Hungry Dancer said...

wow... i wish i could just THROW together something that was booming with flavor like that (well it looks like its booming with flavor anyway!!!!!)

Alicia said...

quinoa pasta?! I'm so glad you posted about it! I have a friend who has to go on a detox diet, gluten-free, and if I find something like this I'm sure she would love it!

jessy said...

ohhhhhh - this looks realllllly good! i need to find this kielbasa - i think it looks awesome. and i miss kielbasa so much.

quinoa corn pasta is something i need to find immediately. i too get a little tired of the 'ol whole wheat stuff. it looks so sad and so boring sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I love your photo- looks so beautiful and interesting with all the different textures!

Anonymous said...

That looks good! I love quinoa pasta as well as spelt and brown rice pasta mmm

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

Sounds good and spicy! I haven't tried the kielbasa yet and will keep an eye out for it.

Theresa said...

That pasta is so yellow!

Sheridan said...

That looks awesome!

I'm so hungry.

Erin said...

That pasta sounds really cool, hooray for alternative grains!