Monday, June 9, 2008

Melty Teese-y Goodness

Okay, so I'm in a bit of a pizza rut. But I don't care. I like pizza and, dang it, that's what I shall have until I'm tired of it. Besides, I've had my Teese shipment for a few weeks now, and I'd yet to try melting it on a pizza until tonight. Behold, the meltiness of Teese:


Oh yea, that's what I'm talking 'bout. The first bite of gooey, melted Teese pizza with mushrooms, black olives, and bell peppers was the moment I've been waiting for since I went vegan in 2004. I don't miss real cheese, but I miss the melty factor. And though I like the taste of most vegan cheeses, none melt like Teese.


It melts so well that it tends to ooze of the pizza after its sliced, but that's okay. I just licked the extra off the pizza pan. That's right. My inner fat girl was all over that one. And I enjoyed every last crumb.

But many of you have already discovered Teese's magical wonders, so I'll spare you more gushing. Just know that this won't be the last time you see Teese-heavy photos on this blog. I think I have a new favorite food.

For the crust, I thawed out a half batch of Isa's basic pizza dough from Vegan with a Vengeance. I also made the basic pizza sauce from VwaV, but I substituted fresh thyme and fresh oregano from my new herb garden in place of the dried herbs in the recipe. I used a jar of home-canned tomatoes from my Granny for the base of the sauce.

Served with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon, this was hands down the best meal I've had in quite awhile. And lucky for me, there's enough pizza left over for lunches for the next couple days. I only hope Teese melts well when re-heated in the microwave at work.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

i've seen so much about teese..and how awesome it is..but online ordering of food intimidates me a bit..haha so i've never done it, and i don't think they really sell it anywhere near me. but it just might be worth it.. your pizza looks great!

Anonymous said...

Your pizza looks amazing! I just listened to the Vegan Freak pod cast where they talk about trying it & how great the melty factor is. Yummmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Ah... I miss cheese so much sometimes.

Marisa L. S. said...

Wow, looks amazing, like a "real" pizza! I made another pizza last week with FYH mozz but you're right, the teese seems to melt much better! And it tastes good, too, I imagine?

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

I can't find Teese anywhere. :( I am so jealous. Invite me over :D

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oh man, look at that pizza - the title of your post says it all!!

J said...

Wow, that stuff DOES melt really well. I wish I could find Teese! I can't justify ordering it off the internet, but stores around here really need to start carrying it.

You can wax poetic about the Teese all you want - I'm torn as to whether I want to sit here and drool or just be bitter and jealous. ;-)

Alicia said...

The problem is that I cannot get tired of pizza. I could eat it every single day. I'm so not kidding... But I admit that I miss the cheese...

Vegan_Noodle said...

You can never eat enough pizza, or teese. Did yo use another cheese besides teese? Just noticing two different shades of meltiness....

MeloMeals said...

Wow... that looks amazing..

I really need to try some of that soon!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your teese. I think I'm going to order some of that and some soy curls, because I'm tired of hearing about them and not having any to EAT!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, baby! Looks soo cheesy.

Never apologize for pizza ;)

Erin said...

Nice pizza! I see you're a little ocd about ingredient placement like me, but unlike me you didn't overload on the toppings.

Hungry Hungry Dancer said...

HOLY GOOD GOOD... that pizza just looks to die for!!!!... it makes me miss real cheese... ::sigh::

Sheridan said...

Looks delicious!
I'm so bored at work today. Why is nobody here?!

Come visit.