Sunday, June 15, 2008

Gay Pride Birthday Cupcakes!

Last night, I brought Lemon Vanilla Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream Frosting to my friend Monica's birthday party:


The theme was Glitter Eyeliner Glam, which explains why I'm wearing so much makeup. And my friend Greg took the picture, so blame him for the lack of focus. Monica's party was on the same day as the Memphis Gay Pride Parade (which I marched in), so I decorated the cupcakes with rainbow sugar. By the way, there is blue sugar where the blue should be, but it's so light that it didn't show up in the picture.


The recipe was a variation on the Golden Vanilla Cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Super yummy!

The Dutchman is in town this weekend, and he came to the party too. He even wore "guyliner."


Here's my friend Greg, covered in pink glitter. The glitter theme was his concept:

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the cupcakes, and the makeup!!

Unknown said...

I'd give my right arm for one of these cupcakes. right now!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!

J said...

So much fun! And the cupcakes look and sound great too!

Avery Yale Kamila said...

Love the glitter and the cupcakes! Portland, ME's Pride festival is next weekend. Wonder if there will be such cute cupcakes?

Anonymous said...

You are cute x a million! Those cupcakes look good and so does your friend with pink glitter hehe ;)

Theresa said...

Oh my god, bearded man in flannel covered in pink glitter... TOO MUCH! That must have been one fun party.

Andréa said...

Shiny Happy People!

Anonymous said...

Omg, those cupcakes rock! I want to make cupcakes now (see what you've done?!). The makeup is also quite awesome... particularly Greg's.

Did you have fun at the Gay Pride Parade?

Anonymous said...

ZOMG, so cute! And I love the glitter themed party. If only I could convince all my computer nerd friends to get glittered up . . .

Vegan_Noodle said...

Yeah for pride parade!! I'm so bummed I'm gonna miss Houston's this year. Love the festive cupcakes and all the sparkly glitter!

Alicia said...

did you change the color of your hair? Anyway, you look great, and I love the glitter!

thedalyn said...

Are those jelly bracelets I see? i used to have whole outfits made jelly. Those were the days...

urban vegan said...

Lovely, colorful, sugar- and politically-charged cuppers! Those are the amazing technicolor cupcakes.

You all look glittery and gorgeous. Love the guyline!

jessy said...

HOORAY for "guyliner", glitter, and gloriously stellar cupcakes! hells yeah! :D

The Vegan Snorkeler said...

Love the Pride Cupcakes! I'm sure they were just as delicious as they look! What kind of sprinkles did you use?

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, how fancy snappy cool your eye make-up is! Lemon-vanilla cupcakes are my favorite for sure, and the pretty rainbow sprinkles are just perfect.

Erin said...

You and your cupcakes are too cute!

Sheridan said...

I love your new hair! So cute!

I miss you...

you guessed it! Come visit.

Cupcakes look awesome too!