Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Skirt "Steak," Plant Balls, and More!

Sorry for the long break again! I think I'm going to just commit to blogging a couple times a week and see if that works. And hey, if you ever stop by here and see I haven't posted in awhile, just know I'll be back soon. I've just been super busy living life and doing fun stuff. And you can always follow me on IG at @biancaphillips, where I post food photos far more frequently. 

Here are a few things I've eaten lately. I made this Vegan Skirt Steak with thinly sliced portabella mushrooms from Tabitha Brown's Feeding the Soul. This was a simple dish with lots of flavor! On the side, I had the Tahini Green Beans from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook and some Smashed Potatoes from Scrappy Cooking.

Forever ago, I made Vegan Swedish Meatballs with a coconut milk-based white sauce and IKEA Plant Balls and lignonberry jam. But I froze one portion of the sauce and had just enough balls left to make a quick weeknight meal. I love freezing stuff like this for easy dinners.

Here's a tasty Pineapple Thai Curry Stir-fry from the original No Meat Athlete book (not the cookbook). That book has a few recipes, and this is one I'd been meaning to make forever. It had a tasty sauce cooked with fresh lemongrass and red curry paste.

And several weeks ago, some friends and I gathered for a girls' sauna night (one friend has a sauna in her backyard!). But first, we snacked this amazing Olive Focaccia Bread that she made. Yum! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog but I am happy that you are living your life and doing fun stuff. Look forward to seeing your posts whenever you have time or the inclination. Have a fantastic summer! - Sri.