Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Tteok Bok Ki, Smash Burger, & V-Day Treats!

Last week, I made a rare trip out to the Trader Joe's in Germantown. It's about 35 minutes from my house in Midtown Memphis, so I don't get out that way much. And in rush hour traffic, it ended up taking me 45 minutes to get there. I get off work at 3:30 p.m., and I forget that most people are off at 5. So, yea, I should have left earlier. But anyway, I got a lot of stuff! 

I picked up a pack of frozen Tteok Bok Ki — Korean rice cakes with a gochujang-based sauce. I love these little rice cakes, and it was convenient to have the sauce already made. I just added tofu and broccoli to make a full meal. I'd definitely recommend this!

Here's another quick dinner: Impossible Smash Burger Patty Melt. I sauteed some mushrooms and onions and then smashed them into an Impossible patty and topped with Daiya mozz. And then all of that was tucked into two slices of Dave's Killer Bread. Air-fried fries on the side!

My parents always surprise me with a Valentine's gift. And last week, this little care package arrived in the mail. It's a little bag of vegan sweets! I've already dipped into the cherry chocolates, the cookie dough bar, and the fruit bites.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been eyeing the Tteok Bok Ki - I need to get some on my next run to TJ. Love your V Day gifts! Very sweet of your parents. - Sri.

Anonymous said...

My parents got me that same goodie bag! That waffle cone in dark chocolate was amaaaaazing.