Monday, February 12, 2024

Slutty Vegan Birmingham!

This past weekend, I traveled with the Memphis Hash House Harriers to Birmingham, Alabama, for the Birmingham Red Dress Run. Hash groups across the country have red dress runs for charity, and some kennels (that's what we call clubs in the hash) make their red dress run a big festival. The actual trail was run (okay, more like walked) on Saturday, but we all arrived from Memphis on Friday night.

There are only a few vegans in our group, and only two of us attended the fest. But Slutty Vegan's Birmingham location was just one mile from the hotel, so most of our group carpooled over for dinner. I've been wanting to try Slutty Vegan for years! But I've not been to a city with one. My last Atlanta visit, where Slutty Vegan is based, was years before they opened. And I was so excited to see the Birmingham location was so close to our hotel. This isn't all of our group, but here are some of us. 


This place was so fun! It's takeout only, and when they call you to pick up your order, one of the workers sings "You gotta bust a move for your food!" And you're supposed to dance for your food. We all had a lot of fun with that! After everyone had their stuff, we headed back to the hotel and ate together at big tables in the ballroom. 

I got the One Night Stand, a burger with vegan cheese, bacon, and slut sauce. Not sure what was in the slut sauce, but it was really good. The burger came with fries, but I ordered on the automatic ordering system, and that wasn't clear. So I also ordered extra fries. Oops. Those who ordered from a person at the counter were told the burgers came with fries, so that's something good to know if you ever visit.


Loved this place so much! And I'm glad I finally got to check it out. Now if only we can convince Pinky Cole to open a location in Memphis ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So jealous you got to eat Slutty Vegan! What a fun diversion from your trip. - Sri.