Wednesday, September 2, 2020

I Run 4 Donuts 5K!

The spring races that postponed to fall have now mostly all cancelled. Bummer! I have a couple real races on the calendar still for 2020, so we'll see if they happen. But I'm staying motivated with fun, themed virtual races. Last month, I did the I Run 4 Tacos 10K, and last weekend, my friend Megan and I did the I Run 4 Donuts 5K. Both were from the same company — I Run 4 Movement. They ship you a race bib, medal, and tee, and you can complete your miles whenever you want.

They have lots of fun themes to choose from, but I love the food themes because it gives me an excuse to eat something exciting after the race. I also love themes that match my Goodr sunglasses collection. Last month, I wore my taco Goodrs, and this time, I wore my donut Goodrs (you can't see in the pic, but they have tiny donuts all over them). Of course, we ordered vegan donuts from Darling Donuts Memphis to enjoy after.

Y'all, Darling Donuts is really blowing up! My friend Lily runs this vegan donut delivery company, and they're up for Best Donuts in the Memphis Flyer's Best of Memphis poll. Go vote for them (it's under the Food & Drink category).

Anyway, Megan and I met at Overton Park on Saturday morning to run two 1.5.-mile loops through the Old Forest. Sadly, Megan's medal and race bib didn't arrive before our planned race date, but we decided to do it anyway. That just means we'll have to do another donut run next month! More donuts! After the run, she borrowed my medal for a photo.

The run went really well for me! Not a PR, but I ran it in good time. Megan has been getting back into running lately, so she did a walk-run method (run one song, walk one song). We separated during the run, but we met up at the homemade finish line.


Then, we properly stuffed our faces with donuts. I started with a Chocolate Sprinkle and she went with Berry. Then we went in for round two — Cookies & Cream for me and Matcha Green Tea for her.

Such a fun run! I love this medal, and I've since proudly displayed it next to my taco medal on my medal hanger. Next up, I'm running a virtual I Run for Beer race. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Haha, such a fun race idea, I love it. But I think I most love how you have a collection of sunglasses to match!

Hillary said...

Looks like so much fun! And you always make me want a vegan doughnut!

Jenny said...

Wow, you really know how to enjoy life! Can't wait to hear about the beer race!!!