Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Beltane Frittata, Stuffed Zucchini, & More!

Gosh y'all. I haven't posted a random "stuff I ate" post since before my Florida trip in mid-April! So I have a lot of pics to share, but I'll break them into multiple posts because ain't nobody got time for that.

Here's an Asparagus Tofu Frittata I made for Beltane (May 1). It's a traditional spring festival, and asparagus is in-season so this seemed like the perfect meal. I used the swiss chard frittata recipe in Vegan Brunch but subbed asparagus. Easy peasy.


On the side, I made a spring-y salad with green peas, edamame, sunflower seeds, mixed baby greens, bell pepper, and tahini dressing. Served with green olive-kalamata bread from the Sprouts bakery.


And leftover frittata for breakfast! With toasted whole wheat pita and hummus, plus a bowl of fresh strawberries and mango.


You can't tell, but this is a veggie burger in a pita. I had some No Meat Athlete lentil-walnut burgers leftover after my marathon meal plan, so I froze them for quick weeknight meals like this. Served with roasted potatoes made in the air fryer. Curry ketchup on the side.


A quick week day breakfast of Tofu Scramble & Vegemite Toast. I had some frozen tofu that I scrambled with turmeric and soy sauce, served atop sprouted grain toast spread with Vegemite (it's better than Marmite! I said it, and I meant it!).


And finally, here's a meal from the cafe at Crosstown Arts that I ate forever ago! Maybe I've even shared it in a past "stuff I ate" post, but I can't remember. So here it is! Stuffed Zucchini with Braised Cabbage, Sizzled Kale, and Vegan Ranch. This was the daily vegetable plate that day, and damn, it was great. The sizzled kale is basically deep-fried kale, which is seriously the best way to eat it.



3 comments:

Hillary said...

The fritatta is gorgeous! I tried making one once and she was not as pretty as yours!!
The stuffed zucchini sounds delicious too!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful frittata! Your food all looks so fresh and yummy, I love all of the springy ingredients you are using.

Susan said...

Your Beltane meal looks perfect, definitely very springtime.