Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Health Made Simple, Day 30

Here's a quick recap of Day 30 on Health Made Simple plan from No Meat Athlete! I started with an Ah Fudge Nuts Picky Bar (made with dates, peanuts, and other whole foods), and then I headed for bootcamp at my gym. After the workout, I had a banana for carbs!

Breakfast was a Strawberry Banana Smoothie (made with strawberries, banana, spinach, walnuts, chia seeds, and flax seed).


My morning snack was another fruit bowl. I'm still not tired of fruit! It makes me feel so good. This one had blackberries and apple slices.


Lunch was another Buffalo Tofu Ranch Wrap, enjoyed on the patio at Crosstown Concourse (where I work). It was such a nice day, and I figure it's one of the last few warm days we'll have! This has baked tofu, cashew ranch, hot sauce, lettuce, pickled onions, celery, and cherry tomato. Someone asked in the comments yesterday if I could share the cashew ranch recipe, but it's not mine! It's part of the HMS meal plan, but it's very similar to the recipe in the No Meat Athlete Cookbook (so if you have that, give it a try!).


Afternoon snack was Whole Wheat Crackers & Celery with Almond Butter. I didn't have a side with my wrap so I was pretty hungry by 4 pm.


For dinner, I met up with our Memphis Vegan Drinks group at City Silo. I chose this whole foods-based restaurant for our meetup this month because I knew it'd be meal plan-friendly. I ordered The Roots Bowl with roasted sweet potato and beet, red onion, bell pepper, quinoa, brown rice, avocado, and tahini sauce. So good! Washed down with a Crosstown Brewing Co. Traffic IPA because Vegan Drinks!


That's it for Day 30! Another successful day. I love having whole foods all day and ending with a satisfying beer.

5 comments:

Hillary said...

I know what you mean about feeling great after eating fruit. I've been doing an elimination diet of sorts and I've been eating alot more raw fruit and veg and I have to admit I feel a difference.
Your dinner bowl looks incredible!!

Sarah said...

Fruit is always the perfect snack. Winter fruit isn't as exciting as summer fruit but it is still delicious for sure. The wrap enjoyed outside sounds absolutely perfect and that dinner!! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

That dinner bowl sounds like such a great combo- bowl meals like that are my favorite but I rarely make mine so fancy! I’m surprised you’re not tired of smoothies yet....
These few random warm days have been amazing!
Ttrockwood

Jennifer said...

Beer + Roasted Winter Roots = Amazing!

Halloweenideas said...

snoopy thanksgiving
why is thanksgiving early in 2018
free thanksgiving printables
free thanksgiving turkeys for low income

families

what did snoopy serve at thanksgiving dinner
when does thanksgiving fall
thanksgiving photos
what day is thanksgiving in 2018
thanksgiving outfit 2018
what is the date of thanksgiving
what day is thanksgiving on this year 2018
what day is thanksgiving on 2018
what day is thanksgiving on this year
thanksgiving paper plates
thanksgiving jokes
thanksgiving sermon
when is thanksgiving break 2018
thanksgiving meals to go
thanksgiving border
thanksgiving 2018 usa
thanksgiving in canada
what day is thanksgiving this year
free thanksgiving dinner
what date is thanksgiving
diy thanksgiving decorations