Monday, August 27, 2018

Even More Stuff I Ate

I had kale salad for breakfast a few days last week! KALE SALAD! FOR BREAKFAST! Sounds crazy, but it was really good. It's the Rise & Shine Salad from the No Meat Athlete Cookbook with roasted sweet potato, pickled onions, toasted pepitas, and maple-dijon dressing. It's topped with homemade tempeh sausage (also in the book!) and breakfast hummus (a noochy hummus that's in the book).


Paul and I ate dinner last Monday night at Red Fish. They have excellent fried tofu dishes, but I was feeling a need to eat a little lighter after a food-filled weekend. So I went with sushi instead. But I started with a House Salad (love the ginger dressing!) and some Spring Rolls (shared with Paul).


For my sushi rolls, I picked a Vegetable Roll (asparagus, avocado, cucumber, & lettuce) and an Avocado Roll. 


A weekday lunch at Mama Gaia — the all-veg organic restaurant in Crosstown Concourse. I got the Asia Salad (sesame tofu, vegan aioli sauce, mixed greens, bok choy slaw) for free with my loyalty points! Score!


I love that salad, but it's a little too small for me as a meal alone. So I got a side of Loaded Potato Tokens with vegan cheese, scallions, and sriracha. YUM!!!!


3 comments:

Amey said...

ooooh, I'm all in for the idea of a breakfast Kale Salad!! That sounds fun, and it looks really delicious. :)

Hillary said...

I agree with Amey about the salad. I love a good savory breakfast! And you know I need to recreate those loaded potato coins!!

Sarah said...

Oooh everything looks so good! I need to get more into soups and salads for breakfast. I think it is all about programming and I feel like it would be fun to reprogram to enjoy foods like that for breakfast. Your sushi dinner looks so fresh and yummy!