Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Stuff I Ate

I'm amassed lots of random meal pics since I've been back from Bonnaroo, so I'll be sharing them in a series of Stuff I Ate posts that'll probably go through early next week!

Let's get started! The first full day back in Memphis after our 4-day Bonnaroo camping trip, I was craving something hearty and wholesome. Four days of chips, tots, and beer will do that to ya! Fortunately, I had the foresight to start a crock pot of Southern-Style Soup Beans the night I arrived back in town. I added a little onion and garlic and cooked these white beans on low for hours! Plus, I made the Kickin' Corn Muffins (oil-free, gluten-free) from The Engine 2 Cookbook and some Sauteed Collards (from my CSA).


I had a lot of blueberries left after Bonnaroo since I bought some for my breakfasts at the campsite, so I worked them into my breakfasts at home. Like this bowl of I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Hot Cereal with Cashew Butter & Blueberries.


One morning, I had a Quaker Blueberry Bliss Overnight Oats Cup (transferred to a real bowl) with extra walnuts and berries, plus a side of Be-Hive Seitan Bacon.


After a run one day, I had a FitQuick Orange Cream Bar Protein Waffle with Blueberries, Walnuts, & Maple Syrup.


I've been LOVING my CSA and using everything I get each week! I got some broccoli in the bag a couple weeks ago and used it in this Teriyaki Soy Curl Broccoli Bowl. The broccoli was steamed, and the Soy Curls were sauteed with low-sodium soy sauce and maple syrup. Served over quinoa. Totally oil-free! I've been eating oil-free at home, and I'm loving it.


Check back for more randomness tomorrow!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum, what great looking meals! The waffle looks so good. I need to make a batch of waffles for my freezer, I've been craving them so much lately! I love making them with oat flour. It's so good and I feel less guilty, ha!

Hillary said...

With all the beans I've eaten how have I never had soup beans? That meal looks delicious!!
I love your soy curl broccoli bowl too! I've cut way back on my oil use as well and I really like it so far. It's funny how much oil kind of gets super overused.

Renard Moreau said...

[ Smiles ] I would gladly devour your delicious vegan recipes.

Thank you sharing them on your blog.