So I was supposed to drop by a potluck last night, but I spent the day hanging with my parents at the Memphis Botanic Gardens and the Pink Palace Museum (a museum of Memphis history and some science-y stuff, like dinosaurs). By the time we were done walking the massive garden grounds, I was pooped.
Lucky for me, I'd already baked a big ol' batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies from the Vegan with a Vengeance to take to the potluck:
Since I didn't go to the potluck, these babies are all mine! Normally, I'd feel fat about that, but these are so darn good, I don't even care if they make me chubby. At least, I don't care until they're all gone. Then, I'll hit the gym super hard or something.
I've been seeing these on other blogs for awhile now, and I've been dying to try them (but I need an excuse, like a potluck, to justify cookie making). By the way, has anyone else noticed a missing ingredient in this recipe? I had to add 1/4 cup soymilk because the dough was way too dry. With the additional soymilk, they turned out great!
On another note, I made a mental note to do a meme from Musings from the Fishbowl a week or so ago. Shellyfish tagged anyone with more than one tattoo, and I've got two, so here goes:
What were you doing five years ago?
I was working as an intern at the Memphis Flyer, the alternative newsweekly where I'm now employed full-time. And I was living in an apartment in Memphis with my ex and our dog (Datsun) and at least one cat (now I have 4).
What are five things on your to-do list for today? (I'm actually doing tomorrow because today is almost over)
1) Make Chickpea Noodle Soup from the Veganomicon
2) Start composing the annual "bar guide" for Memphis Magazine (the Flyer's sister publication)
3) Make pancakes in my new non-stick skillet that I bought today!!!
4) Read the new vintage vegan cookbook that mom's friend bought me at a flea market this past weekend
5) Go to the gym
What are five snacks you enjoy?
1) Those yummy cookies from Vegan with a Vengeance (see picture above)
2) Primal Strips veggie jerky
3) Cherry Tomatoes
4) Spicy Nuts
5) Popcorn with nooch and dried dill (thanks Happy Herbivore on the dill tip)
What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1) Open a vegan bakery or restaurant
2) Go to vegan culinary school
3) Give some money to PETA
4) Travel all over the world (Holland, Australia, Japan, London, you name it)
5) Start my own vegan magazine (sorry Veg News...)
What are five of your bad habits?
1) I can be super judgmental.
2) I spend too much time obsessing over getting fat.
3) I spend too much time obsessing over food (see #2).
4) I don't spend enough time on my couch. I should really start watching TV or something.
5) I can't think of a fifth one, which probably means that I also think too highly of myself.
What are five places where you have lived?
I've only lived in two places:
1) Jonesboro, Arkansas
What are five jobs you’ve had?
2) Pre-press work for newspaper (on the production end)
3) Photo developer at Wal-Mart
4) Wal-Mart Door Greeter
Tag! You're it if you ...
1) Don't have cable TV.
2) Have a tongue piercing.
3) Have two or more cats.
4) Prefer cooking to baking.
5) Drive a foreign car.
Just copy this survey into your blog if you meet the above criteria, and don't forget to link back to mine.