Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Ramen Night!

A couple weeks back, I met up with some hasher friends at Good Fortune, a very vegan-friendly ramen place. We were planning an October run that we're haring with Memphis Hash House Harriers, and that's another story for another time. But here's what we ate. First, we started with almost every vegan appetizer on the menu (minus the Impossible spring rolls, which are great, but were only three people). Here are the Tofu Bites with vegan honey butter, the Charred Edamame with chili-citrus salt, and the Impossible Dumplings (exactly what it sounds like, and they're amazing).

We also got an order of the Kimchi, which is the best I've ever had. It was my first time trying their kimchi.


For my main, I went with the new (to me) Street Corn Mazeman. They always have at least three vegan ramen bowls on the menu, but some change out with the seasons. This one was new since the last time I'd eaten there. And it may be my favorite. It's more of a butter noodle dish than a brothy ramen. But it has Good Fortune's homemade noodles, corn off the cob, a vegan miso butter, fried tofu, and radishes. God, I could eat that again right now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loooooooooove Ramen! I'm so in
love with Ramen, I cannot bear to
do Ramen alone. So I'm proposing
yooNeye shall do the impossible to
make fab.YOO.lous Ramen in 7th
Heaven.Wanna? Wannum4eternity?
Follow us to the Wedding Feast:
● en.gravatar.com/MatteBlk ●
Cya soon, miss gorgeous...

Susan said...

That all looks incredible. Definitely a restaurant I would want to visit!