Monday, September 11, 2023

Air-fried Wontons, Nachos, and Gnocchi

I found some Nasoya wonton wrappers on closeout a Kroger a few weeks back, and I already had Tofutti cream cheese in my freezer, so I figured I'd make Cream Cheese Wontons and Tofu Fried Rice for dinner one night. But I really don't love deep frying at home, so I air-fried the wontons. 

And they turned out really tasty. The ends got a little extra brown in the fryer, but they didn't taste burned or anything. A friend on Instagram suggested adding little foil bonnets on the top next time to ensure more even cooking. I'll try it!

Speaking of closeout sales, Big River Market downtown closed a few weeks ago, and they had everything in the store marked down. So I finally bought a jar of the Vegan Valley Nacho Cheeze sauce that was originally priced at $11. I wasn't going to pay that much for a jar of cashew cheese, but it was $7-something with the discount. Still kinda high, but I wanted to try it on Black Bean Nachos. And I did that on Taco Tuesday last week. It's good! Maybe not $7 good, but I'm glad I got to try it.

Here's some Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi with red sauce and garlic sourdough bread. I love that TJ's caul-gnocchi.

But I think my new favorite TJ's product is this microwave meal of Vegetable Biryani with dumplings! Can you believe this (just the rice part) was a frozen dinner? It was a lot of food, and the rice so fluffy. Tasted way better than most frozen meals. I enjoyed it with a paratha and some cilantro chutney. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I love the idea of making vegan cream cheese wontons! Will have to try that myself. And a lovely spread of food you have here. -Sri

Jenny said...

Ooh! I was just at Trader Joe's yesterday (wish I'd read this post first!) One of my complaints about frozen meals is that the portions are usually tiny, but this looks like a nice size, and I love biryani.
Your nachos look delicious! I recently made nachos with the Miyoko liquid mozzarella and I think they were the best nachos I've ever made. I'm loving that cheese.