Thursday, September 7, 2023

Mushroom Barbacoa, Banh Mi, Burritos, & Bubble Tea

Here's a round-up of some recent takeout meals I've eaten. I stopped into Lulu's Cafe and Bakery last Friday for my usual end-of-week lunch there, and they had this Mushroom Barbacoa Sandwich on the menu. The mushrooms were finely chopped and slow-simmered in barbacoa sauce, and there were fermented jalapenos and a tasty spread (though I'm not sure what was in it). This ended up being an open-faced sandwich because it was just too messy to eat the normal way. 

After my sandwich, I got Lulu's seasonal Virgo Bubble Tea to go. I added a shot of espresso because I had a very early morning (3 a.m.!) and I needed a pick me up.

Here's another awesome sandwich I recently ate. A couple weeks back, I stopped by Le Delights in Cordova and got some takeout to share with my friend Autumn. Le Delights has an amazing Vegan Banh Mi with tofu ham!

And finally, here is a Mushroom and Potato Burrito from El Toro Loco. El Toro is not a vegan-friendly place, at all. They don't even have veggie fajitas on the menu, but I went there with some friends after we ran a beer mile together. And there were three vegans in our group. One friend crafted this burrito off-menu, and I just told the server, "I'll have what he's having." And it was not bad! You can really find something vegan anywhere with a little creativity. 

No comments: