Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Review: SuperFat Nut Butter

Y'all, I love nut butter. On toast. On a banana. Atop my oats. On a PB&J. Or straight from spoon to mouth. Doesn't matter how it gets in me, just as long as it does. I don't have a nut preference. I like them all — from peanut and almond to cashew and macadamia. They're all the best.

SuperFat asked me if I'd like to review their vegan/keto/no sugar added nut butters, and of course I said yes! They shipped me a sample box filled with little single-serve squeeze tubes.


These come in Cacao Coconut, Coffee + MCT, Macadamia Coconut, Protein, and Macadamia MCT + Probiotics. Besides just nuts, these also have added fats, like coconut butter or MCT oil. They're marketed to the keto crowd, hence all that extra fat. Now, as a vegan, I'm the furthest thing from keto! I follow a high-carb, low-fat diet for the most part, but I'm not opposed to the occasional bit of coconut oil. 

One nut butter — Protein — has less added oil, but it does have added sunflower protein, and it's lightly sweetened with erythritol. I enjoyed that one atop a bowl of oats with maple and fresh fruit after a morning run and yoga session. It has a base of almonds and macadamia nuts and tasted very natural (despite the sweetener and protein).


The Cacao Coconut was amazing on fresh apple slices! It has a base of coconut oil and almonds with cacao powder and macadamia and pink salt. It's lightly stevia-sweetened, but what really shines is the coconut. The pink salt helps to bring out the flavor.


SuperFat says the Coffee + MCT is like "vegan butter coffee." YUM! Although I'm not a regular butter coffee consumer, I have made coconut butter coffee and really liked it. It was too much fat for me to do regularly, but it makes a nice treat! And that's what this nut butter with almonds, macadamia nuts, MCT oil, and freeze-dried coffee tasted like. I enjoyed this over a bowl of mashed banana, apple, and strawberry. Like a smoothie but not blended.


The Macadamia + Coconut was as simple as it sounds. Just coconut oil, macadamia nuts, almonds, and pink salt. There was no stevia in this one, which I was excited about. I don't dislike stevia, but I prefer unsweetened nut butters the most! This was smooth and creamy and perfect atop oats with banana and strawberry.


Lastly, I enjoyed the Macadamia MCT + Probiotics. This one was also unsweetened, so the pink salt really shines. It's macadamia, MCT oil, cinnamon, and probiotics. Enjoyed on sprouted grain toast with agave. A perfect and simple breakfast!


These nut butters are AMAZING, especially for people looking to get more plant-based fats into their diet. I know vegan keto is a thing, so those folks would love these! I'll stick with my high-carb diet to boost my athletic goals, but I would so splurge on these all the time.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

I would skip the stevia sweetened ones myself, I find stevia to be offensive to my mouth!!
The macadamia coconut one sounds delicious!!
I sometimes eat nut butter with a spoon too!
It's nice seeing vegan keto products!