Thursday, June 25, 2020

Pesto! Beans & Cornbread! Sticky Rice!

My basil plant is poppin', y'all. I'm not great at gardening, but since I'm working from home, I've been slightly better at remembering to water things. My basil plant is doing great, and I've made several batches of pesto, including a batch for this Pesto Pasta one night. For my pesto, I combine a couple handfuls of basil, couple handfuls of spinach, 1/4 cup walnuts, 2 Tbsp. roasted almonds, 1/4 cup nooch, 2 cloves garlic, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, salt/pepper, and about 1/4-1/2 cup water.


At the start of the pandemic, I bought a lot of dry beans to stash. You know, just in case the shit really hit the fan. So far, that hasn't happened, so I'm just gonna eat these beans. This was a 16-Bean Soup mix that I got at Target. I cooked these in the Instant Pot with onion, broth, and some Liquid Smoke for that ham flavor you typically get in 16-bean soup. On the side, I made my Jalapeno-Corn Cornbread from Cookin' Crunk (minus the pickled jalapenos because I didn't have any).


I'm slowly working my way through every recipe in the No Meat Athlete Cookbook. I haven't made many of the desserts yet, so I'm digging into that chapter now. I made this Mango Sticky Rice with coconut milk, mango, and brown rice, and it was really yummy. And healthy!


Here's a pre-long run breakfast of Bagels with Hummuses! Two kinds — roasted red pepper and original. I think I had just enough of one hummus left for one bagel half, and then I had to open a new one.


And finally, here's an awesome Breakfast Sandwich with the last of my Just Egg folded eggs and some Beyond Meat sausage, plus Daiya and spinach (for good measure).


1 comment:

Susan said...

I have such a black thumb and eventually kill all my plants. The only plant I have managed to keep alive is a ficus tree and that is because they thrive on neglect. But even when I am not neglecting plants, they never last. So amazing work on the basil!