Tuesday, October 15, 2019

What I Ate Yesterday

Sometimes, it's fun to show what I eat in a typical day. Some days, I have more junk and treats than others. But some days, like yesterday, are pretty ideal days.

The day started off with a bowl of Strawberry Soy Yogurt with Raw-nola and Blueberries. The yogurt does have quite a bit of sugar, but I balanced that with a homemade raw granola (recipe here) made with rolled oats, dates, walnuts, and flax.


My morning snack (not pictured) was Baby Carrots & Hummus. I often eat hummus with veggies or whole wheat/brown rice crackers at my desk.

Lunch was an awesome recipe that was linked on the 80/20 Plants website for a Smoked Tofu Sandwich (recipe here) on One Green Planet. My dad made some smoked tofu over the weekend, and it was perfect on toasted whole wheat bread with hummus, pickled onions, avocado, spinach, sunflower shoots, tomato, and cucumber. No need for a side because this was a super-filling sandwich.


For dinner, I used the last of my red lentil cheese sauce (made for these Nacho Fries) to make Whole Wheat Mac & Cheese with Steamed Broccoli. The sauce was made from pureed red lentils, nooch, and spices, and it was excellent! I seasoned the broccoli with Bragg's and garlic powder.


Later in the evening, I had a Memphis Made Fireside Ale at Midtown Crossing Grill. I had a board meeting there and it was $3 pint night, so a beer was a must!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great day of meals! It all looks so good, the mac n cheese looks so creamy and delicious. Yum! And happy birthday!!!!

Susan said...

A great day of eating. Smoked tofu sandwiches and mac and cheese? Delicious.

Jennifer said...

Sometimes I forget how delicious a simple tofu sandwich can be.