Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Vegan Skincare Review: Pai

My skincare routine has never really been super-consistent. I typically get facial products, like serums and face oils, in my monthly Goddess Provisions subscription box, so I just use whatever I get in the box! Before I subscribed to the Goddess box, I subscribed to the Vegan Cuts Beauty Box, and my skincare consisted of whatever was in that box.

The one thing I do know about my skin is that it tends to be super-dry, and I cannot do oil-free anything on my face. In the winter, my skin cracks and flakes, and it gets pretty gnarly if I don't oil up! The bonus: I rarely get breakouts. When Pai, a vegan skincare line, asked me to review their products, I looked them up and saw they base some of their line on botanical oils. I was in!

My review package arrived last week and included the Lightwork Rosehip Cleansing Oil, the Lotus & Orange Blossom Bio-Affinity Tonic, and the Rosehip Bioregenerate Oil.


All of Pai's products are vegan and organic, and they come in recyclable glass bottles and cardboard boxes. I'm trying to be a better steward of the earth these days, so I appreciate when things come in recyclable packaging. In Memphis, our recycling center only accepts a couple kinds of plastics, so I love the low amount of plastic (just the lids) on these bottles.

The Lightwork Rosehip Cleansing Oil is an oil-based makeup remover that's safe for taking off eye makeup too! I've been using cocoa butter to remove my eye makeup for years, and it's great, but sometimes the solid butter gets stuck in my lashes. This oil rubs right in and doesn't leave my eyes feeling too oily. Plus, it moisturizes as it cleans.


The Lotus & Orange Blossom Bio-Affinity Tonic is made with botanical waters, and leaves my skin feeling all fresh and clean. They say it's safe for eczema-prone skin, and while I've never been diagnosed with eczema, my patchy dry skin certainly resembles it. I've never fully understood the purpose of toner, but I use it because I like the way it feels on my face.


But my very favorite product is this Rosehip Bioregenerate Oil, which is supposed to repair and regenerate unpredictable and sensitive skin. I certainly have that! You're supposed to use a few drops on your face in the evenings 2-3 times a week, and for an extra moisture boost, they recommend mixing it with your moisturizer. I've tried it straight and mixed with the Pacifica Sleepover Mask moisturizer I've using. Both ways leave my skin feeling so soft, and the rosehips smell amazing.


I've only been using Pai for a week, but my skin is currently not patchy and dry! So that's a win in my book. I would definitely buy this stuff again!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the review, this sounds great! I'm definitely in the dry skin club with you.