Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Bowls & Cookies & Bagels!

My friend Susan invited me to dinner with her at City Silo (she had a gift card!) last week. I love this vegan-friendly, whole foods-based eatery, but I don't get there often enough since it's way out east. I ordered my usual — the Buffalo Tempeh & Sesame Cauliflower Bowl over zucchini noodles with kale, sunflower seeds, and cashew ranch, plus added avocado (a must add!). Enjoyed with a Mural Aqua Fresca (a watermelon gose beer).


The cafe at Crosstown Arts, where I work, had some very tempting-looking Chocolate Chip Cookies on the counter last week. I couldn't resist! Picked up one to go and enjoyed with some almond milk before my yoga class. This was chewy and flecked with sea salt. The best cookie!


Here's some Lady Peas with Rosemary Bread! I picked these up at the downtown farmer's market a few weeks ago. I love fresh summer peas!


Speaking of the farmers market, I picked up a bunch of heirloom tomatoes and pickling cucumbers at the market last week. Then I made the ultimate summer treat — Tomato Cucumber Salad (just tomatoes, cukes, thinly sliced onion, olive oil, vinegar, and a pinch of sugar). Served with pita and hummus for a hearty snack.


On that same trip to the market, I picked up some Dave's Bagels Whole Wheat Bagels. Last week, I enjoyed daily bagels spread with Garden Veggie Cashew Cream Cheese from The No Meat Athlete Cookbook. This cashew-based spread is flecked with diced peppers, celery, carrots, and scallions. So much cheaper and tastier than storebought vegan cream cheese (even better than Miyoko's!!).


2 comments:

Sarah said...

OMG it all looks so good! The bowl looks so lovely and omg that cookie looks incredible! I totally had those Garfield mugs as a kid!! I need that tomato cucumber salad in my life and you know how I feel about my bagels ;) You need to get to NY and have an authentic NY bagel! Although it may spoil you ;)

Susan said...

I love your Garfield mug!
That cookie looks incredible. So big. I want it.