Wednesday, July 13, 2016

More Stuff I Ate

I posted a handful of random meal pics yesterday. Here are some more!

One day last week, I dropped by Pink Diva Cupcakery for lunch and got Cassi's Chili Mac. It's made with spiral pasta, tempeh, and a chili-cheese sauce, and it's served with sour cream. I added jalapenos from my garden. Yes, I bring peppers to work for such occasions.


I showed y'all Imagine Vegan Cafe's amazing homemade Vegan Cashew Mozzarella Sticks in my Fourth of July post. They were running them on special for the holiday weekend. I ate them twice in one weekend because they'll probably never have them again, and they were the best thing I've ever eaten. Here's my second batch. I added vegan honey mustard for dipping this time.


Today, I met my buddy Dawn at Maciel's Tacos & Tortas for a quick work day lunch. She's vegan, and she said the Papas Fried Tacos were vegan when ordered without cheese and sour cream. So we got those! These are FRIED TACOS, y'all. They deep-fry the shells, and they're stuffed with smashed potatoes. As with all Mexican joints, you never know if the rice and beans are actually vegan, but I have a personal policy of "don't ask, don't tell." If they serve rice and beans with the vegetarian entree, I'd rather just hope for the best. Other vegans have different outlooks on that theory, and that's fine. To me, it seems better for the animals if vegans don't come across as picky eaters who ask lots of questions because that makes veganism seem rigid and unapproachable for non-vegans (read: potential future vegans). I did a workshop on that topic at Vida Vegan Con 3, and the lovely ladies on the Vegan Warrior Princesses Attack podcast have recorded an awesome episode on the topic.


I've been eating a tad healthier at home, of course! Lots of salads lately. Earlier this week, I had salad and a side of Beyond Meat Griller Strips with Hope Kale-Pesto Hummus for dipping. That's a little snack I learned about on the Rise & Resist podcast. Turns out cold Beyond Meat strips dipped in hummus are phenomenal. 


I stocked up on Tofurky Hot Pockets when I visited my parents in Jonesboro last weekend. They carry all the flavors at The Truck Patch, their health food store there. This was a Ham & Cheese Style Pocket with a side salad covered in Just Ranch.


Alright, I'm off to bed. I have lots of good eatin' planned for tomorrow!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

It all looks so good! Do you know what they use as a substitute to honey in the vegan honey mustard sauce?

Bianca said...

Hey Unknown, I'm not sure, but my guess is agave or maple.

Janyce Denise Glasper said...

Those mozzarella sticks look superb!!!!!!!!!!! Drooling over here!

Aimee Douglass said...

Wow, I have the same thoughts about the rice and beans at Mexican places.

Aimee Douglass said...

Wow, I have the same thoughts about the rice and beans at Mexican places.

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

I am even more hungry for reading this! That chilli Mac looks so good!

vegan.in.brighton said...

Those mozzarella sticks look seriously epic!

Barb@ThatWasVegan? said...

Chili mac!!! YUM!

Unknown said...

Those mozzarella sticks! They really need to become a thing on menus everywhere....
At mexican/spanish restaurants if the rice and beans are vegetarian then they are also vegan. it's also much cheaper to use veg oil than animal fats so I wouldn't fret much over your lunch- those tacos look delcious!!
Ttrockwood

Susan said...

The mozzarella sticks looks so delicious!