Thursday, June 30, 2016

More Stuff I Ate

As I mentioned in last night's post, I have a bunch of random meal photos to share this week. I dumped a bunch on y'all in last night's post (link is here if you missed it). And here are the rest!

I picked up some of the new Tofurky Black Bean Burgers at Whole Foods last week, and I had one for dinner with Field Roast Tomato-Cayenne Chao Cheese. These burgers are amazing, and I expect no less from Tofurky. They're super meaty and hold together well. I cooked mine in a cast iron skillet, but these would be ideal for the grill.


I'm running my first marathon this winter, and I'm on a team of awesome runners through Lululemon. We held our first St. Jude Marathon fund-raising/training meeting on Tuesday at I Love Juice Bar. First, we ran 3 miles, and then we talked about organizing. I grabbed a PB&J Smoothie from the juice counter (strawberry, banana, almond milk, peanut butter, flax oil, and vegan protein powder!). So good! Definitely my new fave Juice Bar menu item.


On my usual Sunday brunch outing at Imagine Vegan Cafe last week, I was craving onion rings. So I got the Portabella Sandwich with Onion Rings. The portabella sandwich has sliced mushrooms, roasted red peppers, and Imagine's housemade vegan white cheese.


One day last weekend, I made the Spicy Garlic Popcorn from Lacy Davis' e-book, The Super Tasty Anti-Inflammatory Kitchen. First, you make a garlic chili oil by simmering garlic and chili flakes in olive oil and then you scoop that stuff out and pop the popcorn in it. I added nooch because popcorn needs nooch.


Speaking of snacks, tonight I had these crunchy Pretzel Rods with Homemade Beer Mustard at Hammer & Ale, a local craft brew shop, while catching up over beers with my friend Audrey. I didn't mean to eat the whole order by myself, but I did. Oops! I'm such a sucker for pretzels and mustard.


I dropped by Pink Diva Cupcakery for lunch yesterday and picked up  a veggie plate with Black Beans, Brown Rice, and Mixed Veggies. And then I asked Cassi to throw in a side of salsa and a side of her vegan cheese sauce. When I arrived back at my desk, I made the meal into a yummy bowl!


I've found a new way to enjoy my FitQuick protein waffles after my morning runs! On Tuesday, I made a FitQuick Waffle Sandwich with java chip waffles, PB Lean maple powdered protein peanut butter, Endangered Species cocoa spread, and bananas. This whole meal was, like, 30 grams of protein!


And finally, cupcakes! My friend Andy's birthday was yesterday, so I made some quick and easy Cookies 'n' Cream Cupakes using the chocolate cake recipe and frosting recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. There were crumbled Oreo Thins in the cake batter and the frosting. 


6 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum!!! You always have the best meals!! Everything looks great but the sandwich with onion rings and the cupcake are works of art! So jealous :)

Hillary said...

That mushroom sandwich is giving me serious food envy!! I didn't even know Tofurky had a black bean burger, I haven't seen it anywhere, but I will be searching now, I love everything Tofurky does!

Barb@ThatWasVegan? said...

Those are my fave cupcakes from VCTOTW!

Amey said...

yummola! I have the JavaChip FitQuick waffles too and I love them! Good idea to eat them with PB2 - I will try that, ASAP. I love Tofurkey products so much, and I didn't know they have a new burger out. I'll keep an eye out for it!!
xo

Jennifer said...

Man those fitquick waffles! I have to wait till I get a waffle iron though! XD

And the cookies and cream cupcakes are the best! I made them for my Mother-in-Law's birthday and I think it is her new favorite.

foodfeud said...

That burger is inspiring me for monday. I always forget to celebrate the 4th properly (eating vegan burgers is the correct way, obviously.) Those onion rings look fantastic too.
I don't often eat pretzels but sometimes they really hit the spot. Even better with mustard.