Thursday, March 3, 2016

Stuff I Ate

I've eaten a lot since I posted one of these random meal posts last week. And, after looking through my pics, I'm realizing that I must on some kind of crazy sandwich binge.

Here's a sandwich I ate last week at Pink Diva Cupcakery. It's the Vegan Fried Fish Sandwich with Gardein fishless filets, sriracha aioli, and lettuce on a hoagie bun. There was avocado-kale salad on the side, but it's behind all that bread. I didn't care for fish in my meat-eating days, unless it was Captain D's, and then I was all in. The Gardein reminds me of Captain D's, and Cassi (owner of Pink Diva) prepares it in a deep fryer. Yay!


I've been eating a lot of yogurt for breakfast lately, but one morning, I woke up needing something savory and hearty. So I whipped up this Breakfast Sandwich with Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg, Lightlife Smart Bacon, and Daiya cheddar.


Imagine Vegan Cafe has a new manager, and he's looking to make some big, positive changes. I've been a loyal customer there since opening day in 2011, managing a visit almost every week since then. So he wanted my feedback on ways to improve the menu, customer service, etc. And they treated me to a meal while we brainstormed strategy. I went with the Vegan Chicken Bacon Melt and Onion Rings. That's a Gardein chicken filet with housemade mozzarella, vegan mayo, and veggie bacon. The onion rings are a new menu item! Yay!


Hey look, it's not a sandwich! But it's also from Imagine. For brunch last Sunday, I was feeling the need for greens, so I went with a Veggie Plate with broccoli & garlic aioli, garlic kale with sriracha, brown sugar-glazed carrots, and vegan mac & cheese.


Oh, we're back to sandwiches now. Earlier this week, I popped by I Love Juice Bar in the morning and grabbed a Sprout Sandwich from their grab-and-go case to have for lunch at my desk. Avocado, vegan mayo, cucumber, tomato, and sprouts on sprouted grain. I brought a side of Pirate's Booty Carrot Puffs from home.


The reason I was at I Love Juice Bar that morning was actually to pick up a Grand Slam Shot. I'm having some issues with my hip bursitis flaring up on runs, and ginger helps with inflammation. This has a ginger-cayenne shot, a lemon juice shot, a wheatgrass shot, and a pineapple shot. Best enjoyed in that order.


We had a game night at my friend Andy's house last weekend, and Mike brought Field Roast Apple Maple Sausages in Blankets. I ate my fair share that night and took a few home for breakfast the next day. Mmmmmm.


It's Girl Scout cookie time! And now that Thin Mints are vegan, that means Cassi can use them in her cupcakes. I picked up this Thin Mints Cupcake from Pink Diva Cupcakery earlier this week for a little after-work snack.


And finally, check out these sexy tacos. There's a new LYFE Kitchen location just blocks from my office, and a few of my co-workers hadn't made it there yet (I've been three times in about as many weeks). So we took a field trip there for lunch yesterday. I got the Maui Tofu Tacos with chayote slaw, vegan chiptole aioli, and salsa.


I knew I wanted more ginger in my diet for inflammation, so I ordered an Orange Ginger Chia LYFE Water to wash it down. 


6 comments:

Susan said...

I love a sandwich! Lots of good sandwiches there. :)

Wendy said...

You might want to see a podiatrist about your bursitis. Sounds crazy, but I was having the worst problem with hip bursitis (2 steroid injections with no relief) and decided to get orthotics made. Found out my gait was jacked up, and I was able to correct that through the orthotics combined with PT specifically to learn how to walk properly and it made a huge improvement for me.

Hillary said...

I love a good sandwich, and they all look good. I really can't believe how much the FYH vegan egg looks like an egg. I had to do a double take when I saw that picture!

Babette said...

You always seem to be eating the best things in the world!

Vegan onion rings at a restaurant? OMG!

Kari said...

That veggie plate with Mac and Cheese looks amazing!

vegan.in.brighton said...

OMG! You're killing me with these sandwiches - I want them all! The veggie plate with mac & cheese looks amazing too, I haven't had mac & cheese for SO LONG!