Friday, October 17, 2014

It's My Birthday!!!!!!

Technically, my birthday ended 15 minutes before I began writing this post, but who's counting? I'm a Libra, and we tend to stretch birthdays out as long as we can. I turned 34 today, so I took the day off work and celebrated with friends, food, and booze. Here's my 34th birthday bathroom selfie. I take one in the mirror every year. Yes, I'm wearing cat ears!


I slept in this morning until 8 a.m.! And then I watched the season two finale of Orange Is the New Black in my PJs while munching on this bowl of Jade Pearl Rice Ramen with Miso Broth, Tofu, and Veggies. 


Then I made some cardamom-infused Turkish Coffee to enjoy while getting ready for the day.


I had lunch at Imagine Vegan Cafe (of course!!) with my friends Pam and Cassi. I ordered the Vegan Memphis platter but subbed out mac & cheese for the baked beans — Vegan BBQ Sandwich with Coleslaw, Fries with Garlic Aioli, Vegan Cheddar Mac.


And I washed it all down with a Southern Prohibition Devil's Harvest American Pale Ale. Mmmmm....


After lunch, I went home and baked some cupcakes while I enjoyed a very spicy vegan bloody mary!


I went to hula-hoop class at 5:45, and then, at 7 p.m., I had to be at my friend Shara's house for our bi-weekly girl's show night. We started American Horror Story Freak Show tonight! Creepiest season yet. I brought some Gluten-Free Mint Chocolate Mint Cupcakes that I made using the new Eat Pastry cake mix. Full review post coming soon!


And I'd asked Shara to make popcorn for my birthday. I love popcorn! And Becca brought lots of raw veggies. The only non-vegan thing on this table was the giant bowl of ranch.


I also drank a Memphis-crafted Wiseacre Tarasque saison at Shara's.


After show night, Paul and I had a couple drinks at Le Chardonnay, and I ordered the Hummus Trio platter. Love their roasted red pepper hummus, and since Paul hates olives, I got to eat ALL THE OLIVES!


It was a happy, happy birthday indeed! But it's not over yet. My official party is happening Friday night, and my family gathering is Sunday. I'll be back with more birthday fun on Sunday!

15 comments:

Adriana Robles said...

Eeeek! Happy belated birthday my fellow Libra! My birthday was on October 7 & I agree that we just love to extend our celebration. Hahah
Sounds like you had a really fun day, and cute birthday selfie!
I can't imagine how delicious those cupcakes were. Choco-mint is my thing.<3
I used to be the hula-hoop queen as a kid and I'd like to believe that I still hold the record. c;
Everything you ate looks so yummy! Have you tried popcorn with Tapatio sauce? It's the best.

Hope you have fun tomorrow, and enjoy the rest of your birthday week/weekend. :)

vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Happy birthday. :) It sounds like you had a great day. I am completely jealous of the lunch from Imagine. Looking forward to hearing about the birthday adventures still to come.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Happy belated birthday, dear Bianca!!!!

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

Happy belated birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

-Holly

Unknown said...

I share the extended birthday ritual as well, but I'm a Virgo. :p Happy birthday

KitteeBee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KitteeBee said...

Ug I can't spell!
You did your birthday proud!!
xo
kittee

Renard Moreau said...

[ Smiles ] In this case a happy belated birthday to you, Bianca.

Also, great tasting vegan foods and beverages makes the occasion even more special!

Sheridan said...

BIRFDAY!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!! Gimme that mac and cheese! Love you and see you soon!!!!

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Happy birthday, beloved Bianca!

Marjorie said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

evilnemec said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ahem....I don't know what that bad rhyme was all about, but I'm stretching it to say that I hope you celebrated all week, woman!

I don't like the mint-chocolate combo very much, but I am seriously salivating over those cupcakes. And those fries look just like my beloved Wendy's fries of glutenous past.....
You celebrated RIGHT! You celebrated CRUNK!!!

foodfeud said...

Happy Birthday! That Bloody mary looks amazing. And I love how yr toenails match the Saison ;)

kzcakes said...

Happy Birthday!! I am a libra too! Actually my birthday is today! Your birthday sounds like it was really fun. If I ever venture down to memphis we should party.