Monday, October 20, 2014

Birthday Pizza Party!

Last birthday post, I swear!* Yesterday, I drove to Jonesboro, where my family lives, to celebrate my 34th birthday (it was last Thursday) with my parents and grandmas. I asked my mom to make pizza! When I arrived at their house, she'd already set up a build-your-own pizza station.


There were Daiya mozzarella shreds, veggie burger crumbles, artichoke hearts, black olives, roasted garlic cloves, red onions, jalapenos, bell peppers, mushrooms, and Italian seasoning. I put all the things on my pizza!


As the pies baked, we had side salads. Mine has tomato, onion, olives, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and blush wine vinaigrette.


My pizza was fantastic! My parents and Granny had a non-vegan meat and cheese pizza, but they also tried slices of mine. My daddy said the vegan pizza was "pretty good." He and my mama are learning to like vegan cheese! And Granny always likes everything, vegan or not.


After dinner, it was present time! My parents got me a skull shirt, a winter hat, an Origami Owl necklace, and some extra-hot muscadine sauce (for tofu bastin'). And they also got me this!!!!


I am now the proud owner of a freakin' Vitmix. I'm gonna blend EVERYTHING! I used it to make a smoothie this morning, and it pulverized my frozen strawberries in seconds. I can't wait to try the hot soups setting, and I can't wait to make extra-creamy cashew cheese in it.

After presents, it was time for cake! Granny made a vegan Peanut Butter Cake with Peanut Buttercream & Coconut. This was so delicious and nutty. Almost like eating straight out of the peanut butter jar. I had a leftover slice with almond-coconut milk today, and it was just perfect.


Later in the day, we drove over to the nursing home where my Me-Maw is temporarily staying. She just had hip surgery, so she has to stay in the home until December.


Overall, I had a lovely birth week!! Great actual birthday on Thursday loaded with delicious food and friends, a fur-tastic cat party on Friday, and quality family time on Sunday!

* I lied about this being the last birthday post! Next weekend, my bestie Sheridan is coming to town from Little Rock for a belated birthday celebration. So I'll have to bring up my birthday one more time! #sorrynotsorry

10 comments:

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Your family is awesome! I can't get over how amazing that cake looks. I hope you'll post the recipe at some point. Happy birthday again!

Susan said...

That cake looks amazing.
And a vitamix, hurrah!

panda vegan said...

Great never-ending Birthday! 😃

"Meat-free" Mike said...

Belated happy birthday! One thing I notice - y'all really know how to have a good time down there in Memphis!

Kyleigh said...

That cake looks incredible!

Congratulations on the Vitamix! I don't know how I ever lived before I got one. I've had it about 4 years now, and I literally use it everyday. Sometimes twice or three times a day depending on what I'm making. It's AMAZING!

Renard Moreau said...

[ Smiles ] If I was at your party, I would have eaten the majority of your vegan pizza (One slice is never enough for me).

Squarevegan said...

Your family ROCKS !! Happy Birthday !

Sheridan said...

Wow, that pizza looks awesome! And that cake...WOW! I am so jealous of your Vitamix! That is the best present ever!!! See you soon best frand!!!

KathyD said...

You are so fortunate to have such a loving family. They actually cook yummy food for you!
Congratulations on the Vitamix.
I hope that you will post the any cheese or sauce recipes when you make them. I have a BlendTech and can use some ideas.

Brad Alsobrook said...

Congrats on the Vitamix.. Happy Birthday