For the fifth consecutive year, I'm heading to the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival in Manchester, Tennessee to shoot photos for the newspaper I work for, The Memphis Flyer. We'll be camping in the media area and spending time in the photo pits, getting up close to Elton John, Skrillex, Die Antwoord, Bouncing Souls, Janelle Monae, Zedd, and so many others!
My first year, I worried that I wouldn't find much to eat since the smaller fests I'd been to in the past hadn't been very kind to vegans. But Bonnaroo plays host to 90,000 people, many of whom are hippie folks from across the country. So I was relieved to find TONS of vegan options that year! Since then, I've blogged about my vegan finds at 'Roo here, here, here, and here. And here's a little collage I made with a sampling of vegan food from Bonnaroos past.
If you happen to be headed to Bonnaroo too, I've scoured this year's vendor menus to help you locate the vegan grub. Here's what I've found (and this is by no means an exhaustive list) that I plan to check out this year. By the way, everything vegan is clearly marked with a VN on Bonnaroo's vendor menu list.
* Feel Good Foods (Centeroo east) - BBQ soy curls, curried coconut tofu, tofu vindaloo, tofu scramble plate, kung pao tofu!!!
* Swagruha Indian Restaurant (Centeroo east) - vegetable samosa, channa masala bowl, tikka masala fries
* Dia De Los Tamales (north vendor row) - vegan spicy black bean & corn tamales!!
* Street Provisions (main venue north row) - vegan tamales!
* 2Sisters Foods (main venue north row) - portabella mushroom pita
* Pancho's Mexican Cafe (main venue north row) - vegan bean & rice burritos
* Bull's BBQ (food truck oasis) - smoked sweet potatoes!!!!!
* Grazing Here Food Truck (food truck oasis) - farmhouse vegan burger
* Phat Daddy's Cajun (Which stage) - red beans & rice
* Alpine (main venue carts) - vegan arepas
* Solar Cafe (campground pod 6) - vegan french toast
* Solar Cafe (campground pod 3) - tofu scramble wrap
* South Meets East Food Truck (campground pod 2) - teriyaki tofu burrito
* Goatocado (general store west) - quinoa bowls
Okay folks! See y'all again on Monday or Tuesday. I'm not sure if I'll blog as soon as I get back since the whole trip is always a little exhausting.