Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Envy On My Lips

Sometimes I like to stray away from food posts to share vegan beauty product reviews. I love to eat more than just about anything else. But I want to look good while I'm eating! And I want my beauty products to be natural and cruelty-free.

EnvyDerm, maker of vegan high performance cosmetics, sent me a sample of their Lip Volumnizing and Conditioning Plumper in Jolie (a peachy pink).


It's not only free of animal products, but it's also free of parabens, synthetic fragrances, petrochemicals, sulfates, phthalates, GMOs, triclosan, and mineral oils. Sounds great, right?

According to EnvyDerm's claims, the plumper not only moisturizes lips and adds a splash of gloss and color, it also enhances lip volume within 28 days. But they say you'll even see a bit of an instant plump as soon as you apply it.

Since I never wear the same color everyday, I can't say that I'll ever be able to prove the 28-day claim. I like to mix things up, so I tend to alternate glosses, lipsticks, lip stains, and such. But I did notice an instant improvement when I applied the EnvyDerm plumper.


My lips looked fuller than they do sans product. And this stuff has a tingly mint thing going on that leaves your lips feeling so fresh and clean. I love that it combines a high gloss with color since I often end up layering clear gloss over other brands of lipstick to get the same effect.

I'd definitely buy this. A 5ml bottle runs about $23 on their website, which is pretty comparable to other quality vegan lip products. And they also make a line of vegan eye products, including a volumnizing mascara and a black liquid liner. If I were stranded on a deserted island and could only have one makeup item, it'd definitely be a toss-up between mascara and liquid liner. I'll have to try out EnvyDerm's.

1 comment:

Adriana Robles said...

I always get so giddy when I find anything vegan for the lips! I'm not big on makeup, but I love lip tints! So far my signature one is "It started with a kiss" by Lush. I really like this peach color that they sent you.

vegcourtesy.blogspot.com