Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cookin' Crunk Photo Shoot

Hey guys! I'm back from the country, and I'm pleased to tell y'all the photo shoot for my cookbook is a wrap! I spent Wednesday and Friday in the Book Publishing Company kitchen at the Farm in Summertown, Tennessee. The photo crew shot four recipes over those two days — Watermelon-Jalapeno Salad, Tempeh Gumbo, Elvis (peanut butter and banana) Cupcakes, and a massive breakfast shot.

All the photos they took were incredible, thanks to the fabulous and fun crew of Andrew, Barbara, Ron, and Warren. Here's food stylist Barbara setting up the Tempeh Gumbo shot:

And here's the behind-the-scenes glimpse of the photo studio set up in the corner of Book Pub Co's kitchen. Look at the Tempeh Gumbo shot on the computer!!

Ron did most all of the cooking, but I did have a couple of assignments — make biscuits and cupcakes. Here I am icing the Elvis cupcakes with peanut buttercream in preparation for the shot:

And here's Barbara and chef Ron meticulously covering my Whole Wheat Buttermilk Biscuits and Country Fried Tempeh Steaks with Sausage-Sage Gray:

After shooting was wrapped up, photographer Andrew poured us all a glass of champagne for a toast!

And here's the whole crew — Zen Photo Master Warren, Me, Chef Ron, Stylin' Barbara, Photographer Andrew!

You can actually preview the whole set of photographs on the Book Publishing Company's Facebook page. Check them out!

As for a release date, they're saying summer-ish. I don't know a set month yet, but it's getting close!! I'll be sure and keep y'all posted, of course.

24 comments:

T said...

Congrats! I'm sure the photos will turn out great. And YOU my dear, look gorgeous! What a great haircolor for you!

Caitlin said...

congrats! that is so exciting! the photos look amazing!!

xvavaveganx said...

Congrats!! It seems like everything went really well and it looks like you had fun! What a great experience to have, doesn't it seem so real now! Can't wait to see the photos! And I agree with T, you look great!!

tender b. said...

That looks like a really fun time. Congratulations!

luminousvegans said...

How exciting! It is fun to see the behind the scenes shots. It really is an art form to bring food to life on the screen. Looking forward to the cookbook.

Wendy said...

Piling on the congrats, and also T's comment re: your hair color! I'm fairly newly vegan and switching brands-could i ask what you use? :) Please?

Ricki said...

Whoo hoo--looks like so much fun! And the food look AMAZING. Congrats on this incredible achievement--and here's wishing you stellar success with it! :D

Bianca said...

Hi Wendy! I alternate between the natural dyes at Whole Foods. Most recently, I've used the kind in the green box, but I can't remember the name. Tints of Nature is also good. The only problem with natural dye is that it doesn't hold its color for as long as I would like.

Thanks for all the hair compliments, guys!!

tamara said...

the pictures for the cookbook look amazing!!!! im excited for you about the cookbook!!

The Health Sensei said...

you're so cute Bianca...nothing else to add :)

Sheridan said...

I'm so stinkin' excited for you!!! The photos look great!

Chef Amber Shea said...

Woohoo! Can't wait to see the finished book.

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

So excited for this book to be released! Congrats on wrapping up the photo shoot.

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

So excited for this book to be released! Congrats on wrapping up the photo shoot.

poopiebitch said...

Yay! Those pictures are awesome!

bitt said...

excited for you! the pics look delicious.

Katie said...

The photos look GREAT! That must have been so much fun!

So excited so excited so excited...!!!

Jenny said...

Fun to see the behind the scenes!

Scissors and Spice said...

How fun! And you look awesome in those pics!

All-American Vegetarian said...

Congratulations on your photo shoot! I've been reading your blog for quite some time now... I love it!
Just wanted to share that I nominated your site for the Kreative Blogger Award and the Sunshine Award!
~Rebecca

Wendy said...

Thanks Bianca! i live in the middle of nowhere, but i'm going to DC this weekend, so i'm planning on hitting whole foods hard!!! one more thing to put on my list!!!

Erin said...

The photos look fantastic! I think I like the gumbo shot the best, but the cupcakes and breakfast are close runners up.

vegancouchpotato said...

congrats on the photo shoot!

climbinvegan said...

I'm so excited for your book!! I can't wait to buy it.. hope there are some gluten free recipes inside ;)