Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I Put My Root Down

Every time I cook with root veggies, I get the Beastie Boys' "Root Down" stuck in head ... which isn't a bad thing at all. Tonight, I used these lovely root crops to make a delicious Seitan & Root Veggie Pot Pie:


The pie is going in my cookbook, but you can see here what the main ingredients are — sweet potatoes, white potatoes, carrots, turnips, and yellow onion. I made a Whole Wheat Pie Crust using another "going in the cookbook" recipe. After some cubing, boiling, seasoning, mixing, and rolling, this came out of the oven:


This was one of the most comforting dishes I've made in awhile. However, I have a hard time making pie crust look pretty, so sorry if it doesn't look as appetizing as it tasted. I


Fortunately, I froze three slices and I've got another three in the fridge to eat for lunches throughout the rest of the week. Yea! Pot Pie Forever!

13 comments:

Andréa said...

It looks delicious! I'm looking forward to a recipe for a savory pie- most of them are sweet.

Anonymous said...

This looks like a perfect family dinner dish! Mmm, I bet even omnis would love it.

J said...

That pile of root veggies looks so good.

And I wouldn't mind having that Beastie Boys song in my head. I've had Peg by Steely Dan in my head for weeks!

That pot pie looks really good!

Marisa L. S. said...

Looks great!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Haha, gotta love the Beastie Boys :0)

Wow, that pot pie looks wonderful!! I looove cooking with root vegetables.

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

awesome. how can you not love roots!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Looks delicious!

And now I have the Beastie Boys stuck in my head too. Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

Pot pie = yum! I have a love for root veggies that is ridiculous.

jessy said...

wow! this looks awesome! i love root veggies - and putting them into a pot pie - even better! yay!

Hungry Hungry Dancer said...

HEY! Thanks for the post... its never easy to see our pets in pain :(

On a lighter note, that pot pie looks RIDICULOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Veggie said...

Looks great!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

Wow. The pot pie looks so good! I'm really looking forward to the recipes.

Sheridan said...

Yummy!