Monday, January 11, 2021

Bagel Sandwich, Drunken Noodz, & Salads

Back around Black Friday, I purchased the No Meat Athlete Health & Fitness Bundle, which had lots of e-cookbooks, fitness programs, and even life coaching programs. I've been exploring all of the content over the past few weeks, including the cookbooks. I've decided that, for January, I'm only cooking from the e-books in that bundle. One that I've been loving is My Best Vegan Comfort Food Recipes by Food by Maria. Here's a Breakfast Bagel Sandwich I've enjoyed from that book several days last week and today. 

It has vegan cream cheese (Violife), vegan smoked gouda (365 Brand), seitan bacon (from BE-Hive), avocado, spinach, tomato, and onion chutney all on a locally made Dave's Whole Wheat Bagel. It's super-packed sando that's kept me full straight through lunch.

Another recipe I've made from the book are Thai Drunken Noodles. I made this with brown rice noodles and a yummy sauce that combines soy sauce with vegan fish sauce and sriracha, plus bell pepper, shallot, and carrots. It didn't call for tofu, but I added lots.

I'm still doing protein oats for breakfast on weekdays when I run (Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Thursdays). I try to mix it up with fun toppings. On a bowl last week, I added some Coconut Collaborative coconut and passionfruit/mango yogurt, and it was soooo good. It was my first time trying this brand, and I love it. It's very much like solid canned coconut milk.

And it is January, after all! I'm not doing a cleanse or reset this year, but I am attempting to really nail my 80/20 Plants goals (that's 80% whole foods and 20% indulgent). A great way to do that is with salads topped with plant meat. Here's a recent Gardein Burger Salad with chopped burger, nooch, walnuts, tomato, pickled beets, and pickles. Tasted like a burger!

And here's a Vegan Chicken Kale Salad with Gardein chicken strips, dried cranberries, sprouts, onions, tomatoes, carrots, and kale. This was really yummy!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

OMG, the bagel sandwich is my kind of sandwich!!
I love topping salads with veggie burgers too.
Drunken noodles are so great, and you made the right choice adding tofu!