Thursday, April 4, 2019

Pizza Buns & Pita Pizzas (and Other Stuff I Ate)

Last Saturday, I stopped by the Lulu's booth at the Cooper-Young Farmers Market and picked up these two fine-looking treats. There's a Pizza Bialy stuffed with cashew cheese and marinara for a savory treat and a sweet Strawberry Banana Puff Pastry Turnover. Both were fantastic! Enjoyed the turnover right away and saved the bialy to enjoy after Sunday's long run.


Hey, by the way, Lulu's is expanding their farmers market reach. Starting this Saturday, they'll have a booth at the downtown Memphis Farmers Market, as well as their usual booth in Cooper-Young.

Speaking of pizza, here's a Pita Pizza I made for a quick dinner on Monday night. I topped a whole wheat pita with chickpea marinara (frozen leftovers from a meal a few weeks ago) and homemade cashew cheese, green olives, and bell pepper. Enjoyed with a side salad.


Hey, look! More oatmeal! This bowl has peanut butter, maple syrup, mashed banana (mixed into the oats for sweetness), sliced banana, and blueberries.


Last Friday night, I got off work at 5 pm and needed to be back there a little after 6 pm for our resident artist open studio night. So I scarfed down an Amy's Breakfast Burrito (stuffed with tofu scramble, black beans, and potatoes) that I've had in my freezer for just such an occasion.


Quick dinner on Saturday night! Treeline Herb-Garlic Cashew Cheese & Whole Wheat Triscuit Thins, Rose Wine, and Salad.


The Pink Boots Society, a national group advancing beer careers for women, has a local Memphis chapter, and they brewed this Hibiscus Saison at Crosstown Brewing Co. on International Women's Day. The beer was finally ready for release last Friday, and so I had to pop in and try it! Awesome drinking a beer created by and brewed soley by women. All the funds raised from the sales of this beer go back to Pink Boots.


4 comments:

Susan said...

A lot of fun food! I will never stop coveting Lulus baked goods.

Hillary said...

I agree with Susan, I definitely covet Lulus baked goods too!
Cheese, crackers and salad sounds like a perfect dinner!

Sarah said...

OMG it all looks so good! The pizza bialy is seriously drool worthy, I'm with everyone else… Lulu's baked goods needs to expand so we can all try them! Your pita pizza looks delicious and I love your Saturday Night dinner! Yuuuuuum!

Unknown said...

I used to have those breakfast burritos all the time! Although with a lot of ketchup :))
Pizza bialy is totally genius- and i love that there’s enough local demand for him to do both farmers markets.
Ttrockwood