Monday, January 14, 2019

Sandwiches! Bagels! Tacos! Treats!

Last Tuesday, I made the best Air-fried Avocado Tacos! I made avocado fries in the air fryer and topped with cashew cream and veggies. And I made some Chipotle Lime Street Corn in the air fryer as well. Taco Tuesday!!


I'm sticking with whole foods almost all the time at home these days, and I'm saving my plant meat and junk food splurges for eating out. But sometimes, a girl needs some Beet Puffs. These Vegan Rob's puffs are made with pretty wholesome ingredients (like whole grain sorghum flour), so as junk food goes, they're not bad. And I had a healthy BLT with Tofu Bacon on sprouted grain. So I feel pretty good about this meal.


Here's a totally whole foods-based Tofu Stir-fry I made last night for dinner with broccoli, bell pepper, and mushrooms over quinoa. I feel best when I'm eating this way.


But treats in moderation are a-okay! My friend Don of Lulu's Food has gone back to selling his vegan baked goods at the Cooper-Young Farmers Market. He posted a mouth-watering menu of vegan croissants and savory buns, as well as cookies, baguettes, pita, and morning buns, on Instagram the night before this Saturday's market. It opened at 9 am, and I was there by 9:15 am. And he was almost SOLD OUT!! All that was left were cinnamon morning buns and cookies. I opted for a Chocolate Chip Cookie and a Morning Bun (both AMAZING!!). Next week, I'm getting there right at 9 am!


And finally, here's a Whole Wheat Bagel with Vegan Cream Cheese from Otherlands coffee shop that I ate yesterday morning. I had to get some freelance writing done, and I work best outside my house. I enjoyed this with a soy latte. Good stuff. They use Dave's Bagels (the best!).



5 comments:

Hillary said...

I love the Vegan Rob's Brussels sprout puffs and the cauliflower puffs. I don't think I've seen the beet puffs.
I love that almost all the vegan goodies were sold out!!

Caroline said...

Whilst I’m soooo glad there’s been a massive rise in vegan products - here in the uk we’ve had some incredible products (vegan coleslaw - omg) released already this year -I need so much more discipline to eat whole foods!

I’m trying limit my sweet snacks to almond butter-stuffed dates, so that my savoury snacking can go all out.

If any big food companies are reading this, I’m NOT complaining. Bring on the vegan options!

Sarah said...

OMG everything looks so good!! Those tacos are incredible and the sandwich, wow! I've been loving stir fries lately and that one looks delicious. And you know I'm always up for a good bagel ;)

Unknown said...

Those avocado air fry tacos are the best idea ever!! Like, i want to buy an airfryer just to make those! What did you add to your tofu stir fry? I can tell there’s sesame seeds.... I’m stuck in a rut of soy sauce with a dribble of toasted sesame oil at the end since it adds so much flavor but i need to mix it up.
Your whole foods approach is very balanced and realistic! It’s not like any of those baked goods contain ingredients you can’t pronounce, so it would be sad to miss an opportunity like that cinnamon roll and cookie....
And i love he was nearly sold out so quickly- yay for vegan vendors being successful and spreading delicious vegan love through food!!
Ttrockwood

Bianca said...

Hey Ttrockwood! The stir-fry sauce was just soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Pretty much the same as yours! :-) Simple but delicious. I added sesame seeds at the end.